How do you display/show off your medals?? (Read 2911 times)

Self Portrait

I gathered all of them with the correspondent bibs and hanged them inside wall of my garage and a couple of running posters

The Terminator

My dress form wears them when I'm not busy reworking race t-shirts on her.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

I've started a little scrapbook thing to keep the bib/finish time/picture from race for each race. I only have 1 medal right now but plan to keep them in a really cool wooden cigar box.
        keep running!

I made this at work......

Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html

I made this at work......

Thats pretty cool -- You could probably sell them.....

My race medals....I'd have to go looking for them but I 'think' they are hanging on a door knob in my work shed.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

Jill_B

I fly.

Marathon medals are in shadow boxes with my bib numbers and they hang in front of my treadmill. 

Other medals (from 1/2s, winning age group awards, etc. hang in the back of my closet).  Trophies (all 3 of them LOL) are on my fridge, mostly because I have no idea what else to do with them.

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hide the evidence of my obsession in the back of my closet, where nobody can see it.

I still hide them.

C-R

I give 'em to my kids and who knows what they do with them.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

I pick one and wear it on my daily run.

I still hide them.

You should quote yourself in third person.  As in "Trent still hides them". 

Me?  The only medal I have is from the 19(82?) Arco Jesse Owens games for the long jump.  It is in a box in the basement I think.  At age 13 I probably assumed it would be only the first in a long line of medals. 

Maniac

I pick one and wear it on my daily run.

I'm doing that tomorrow.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

They're in a box somewhere...  not sure where.
                          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

In a pile. The best ones don't say where they're from, so I can grab one that says 3rd in age group, and show it to someone and say, I got this at Boston Marathon (or NYC, or Western States).

Except if they look close and see how it says 3rd in age group women's 40s, then I have to say, oops. wrong one, lemme try again...

Of course this tactic hinges on only showing them off to people who have never seen the real awards from those races -- which includes me.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Mine are in shoeboxes.  A couple more shoeboxes than when this thread started.