About nodding... (Read 1378 times)

kcam

hey, hey - I was at UT from 79 to 83. BSEE '83. Hook em!
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

hey, hey - I was at UT from 79 to 83. BSEE '83. Hook em!
      You, too!! So we were wandering around campus at the same time! You're one of those smart guys! I had to take one EE course - yikes. On the EIT exam, I just put all "C"s on the EE part. I got a BS in Architectural Engineering (emphasis on structures) and an MS in Engineering (structures). One day you will have to explain imaginary numbers to me, and how it makes sense for you to use them in designing real things. I never did figure that out.

The Greatest of All Time

You, too!! So we were wandering around campus at the same time! You're one of those smart guys! I had to take one EE course - yikes. On the EIT exam, I just put all "C"s on the EE part. I got a BS in Architectural Engineering (emphasis on structures) and an MS in Engineering (structures). One day you will have to explain imaginary numbers to me, and how it makes sense for you to use them in designing real things. I never did figure that out.
        We need to start a Longhorns user group for all four or five of us. Are there any Aggies on this board? Sooners? Hook 'Em!!!!
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

We need to start a Longhorns user group for all four or five of us. Are there any Aggies on this board? Sooners? Hook 'Em!!!!
          Sounds good! I haven't heard anyone admit to being an Aggie or a Sooner!

Giant Flaming Dork

Yeah, and get this one - the power company can charge you MORE for "imaginary" power! The joys of getting your BSEE.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yeah, and get this one - the power company can charge you MORE for "imaginary" power! The joys of getting your BSEE.
              Oh, please, my brain will fry! Here's a good webcam for Longhorns: http://www.universitycoop.com/ePOS/this_category=270&store=108&level1_category=Tabs&form=shared3/gm/main.html&design=coop3

The Greatest of All Time

all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Oh Mighty Wing

I wave out the side, nod, reverse nod, smile, say hi. It all depends on 1) what I can do based on how my run is going and/or 2) what they initiate.Generally i'm the one making the first move so I've probably missed acknowledgment by other runners because I didn't realize they did it untill i was passed them. And if I see a person multiple times I giggle and say hi again or something like that. My thought is that maybe if I say hi or wave enough that I will catch some people who need some encouragement and that will be enough. Because I say it out of respect for being out there. Doesn't matter what they are doing. They are out there and that is worth a little acknowledgment. Know it's been enough for me to rally energy enough to help me finish.
                  kcam

Just keep telling yourself that "i-squared=-1" and you'll be OK. Wink We'll hafta stick it to those uncouth Nashvillians over on the 2k board later when and if UT meets UT in the Dance.
                    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Just keep telling yourself that "i-squared=-1" and you'll be OK. Wink We'll hafta stick it to those uncouth Nashvillians over on the 2k board later when and if UT meets UT in the Dance.
                      Ack, stop it!!! Brain freeze! Yep, that would be fun! Two UT's, both wearing orange. Of course, OUR orange is much nicer...
                      FastTalkingFatty

I have to add that today I had the second best runner to runner greeting. I was on the second half of a four mile out four mile back semi trial run when a much faster runner came along and slapped my hand and told me I was doing great. I ran the last four miles (which I had thought to walk) with a goofy smile and was greeted by all the other five runners I saw. so cool.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/