Frostbite Half Marathon (Read 1084 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nashvillians? Who is in? It is Saturday on a tough course. It may be snowing. Or sleeting. And it is on my birthday. Come out and watch me suffer as I don't even advance an age group... Who is in?
    JakeKnight

See you there, birthday boy. In fact, consider me letting you win as my official gift. I'll even make it look like I tried, if you want. And with a name like "Frostbite," I'm going to be disappointed if its not bitter and miserable.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Last year took at least 2 hours to go the 40 miles on the highway due to the snow and ice. On the ground at the run, there was an inch of slippery mess. The gatorade was frozen. The mile-long straightaway towards the end of the loop (that you do twice) was 20 degrees with a 20 mile per hour wind in your face. Enough frostbite for several years there. See you there!
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Course has changed... updated map
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

[Eric, this link is now not working correctly. Instead of taking me to the embedded link, it is taking me to a web search result for "updated map"; it should instead go here: http://runningahead.com/maps/aa416f70cbfe4fffb719a533b27881c3] Jeff, you running this thing?

Why is it sideways?

Nope. I'll be a t Tom King, and maybe a 5k between now and then, but not Frostbite. Sorry I'll miss the showdown!
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Awww, shucks. It looks to be a good day, a good run. Even with the course changes.
                JakeKnight

Awww, shucks. It looks to be a good day, a good run. Even with the course changes.
                  Hey, Trent. Just answered your e-mail. Sorry - you got caught in the Spam filter. Looking forward to Saturday. Weather doesn't look too bad. I hope if it rains its at least cold enough to turn into snow.

JakeKnight

Nope. I'll be a t Tom King, and maybe a 5k between now and then, but not Frostbite. Sorry I'll miss the showdown!
                    Jeff (or Trent, or other Nashvillians): do you know if Tom King is sold out yet? And are there any other HM's later on, maybe in May or June? Anywhere within a couple hours of here? We were planning to have Kelly run CMM as her first HM, but she decided she likes being a spectator for the full ... so then I tried to talk her into doing Tom King (and she's perfectly capable of it) ... but that might be too soon. So I might do Tom King if it ain't full, but in the meantime, I'm looking for another HM for her, for later on. Any suggestions? If Tom King is full, I may just show up and watch. I was looking forward to playing spectator for a change. It'd be fun to know somebody actually near the front of the pack, too.

Why is it sideways?

Jeff (or Trent, or other Nashvillians): do you know if Tom King is sold out yet?
                      Hope not. I'm not signed up yet! The only other HM I've run around here is the Team Nashville HM, a couple of weeks before the monkey. A bit hilly, but, hey.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, Trent. Just answered your e-mail. Sorry - you got caught in the Spam filter.
                        I often get confused with spam.
                        Looking forward to Saturday. Weather doesn't look too bad. I hope if it rains its at least cold enough to turn into snow.
                        Last year was brutal, snow and ice on the ground, a 20 MPH wind a blowin' It was awesome!
                        do you know if Tom King is sold out yet?
                        I do not think it sells out, they try to get it as big as can be. I have registered at the last minute for the past couple years. I happen to know that as of right now there are about 400 registered for the TKHM, out of about 2000 spots.
                        And are there any other HM's later on, maybe in May or June? Anywhere within a couple hours of here?
                        I do not know. You may want to look at regional marathons to see if they also have halfs. Too bad there is not a halfmarathonguide.com
                        We were planning to have Kelly run CMM as her first HM, but she decided she likes being a spectator for the full ... so then I tried to talk her into doing Tom King (and she's perfectly capable of it) ... but that might be too soon. So I might do Tom King if it ain't full, but in the meantime, I'm looking for another HM for her, for later on.
                        I'll think on it. BTW, I responded to your email, which happened to have ended up in my spam folder Big grin
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Duh. Go to the USATF website. Search for certified courses HM length. Duh. I know that. Here are the results for TN Just remember, even though a course may be certified, that does not mean it is run this year. You will need to google what you find. For example, the old version of Tom King is still listed,.
                          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Crap. Looks like JKn might beat me. I'm illin. Dang. But I will still run. Even if I have to crawl.
                            mikeymike

Sandbagger.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I hope you are right. My daughter was up at 3am with 101.8, probably the same thing I have. But I hope you are right. Looks like perfect conditions for a run called Frostbite: 35 degrees, snowing and a 15 MPH wind. I will run the thing, and I will finish. Even if I am crawling. And then JKn and I will share some homebrew!