Welcome! (Read 1660 times)

eric :)

Hello everyone! Here's the first installment of the forum pages. I created them from scratch instead of using one of the packages so that it can be integrated into the rest of site. Therefore, let me know of any strange behaviors so that I can fix them ASAP. I created the forum mainly to provide an easier way for you to give us feedbacks, and tell us what you like, and more imporantly, what you don't like about the running log. If you don't feel comfortable sharing it with everyone, you can always use the feedback form. I'll be adding more forums as soon as I can think of proper titles for them. If you have one in mind, just tell me and I'll create it. I think this is all I want to say for now. Once again, welcome! I hope that you'll find this site useful.
      Hey, looks like I'm the first one to post not named Eric Smile I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying what you're doing here. The log looks great, and runs smoothly. I'm looking forward to the future developments! ~~Mark Cool

You'll ruin your knees!

Hey, Eric...looks great Smile I can't believe you self-developed a forum so quickly! Way to go and I really appreciate the effort. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Hi Mark and Lynn! I'm glad that you like the log. Like I said before, the forum is not done yet. I still have to do search (don't need it just yet as there is nothing to search for), signatures, avatars, rankings, and all of the other niceties that you would expect from a real forum Tongue I don't expect the forum to be busy, since this site has only been up for a little over 2 months. Hopefully, it'll pick up as more people find out about this site. So, I would really appreciate it if you spread the news! eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

I posted a linque to your intro page on the Runner's World Ultra/Trail forum, don't know how many of those guys gals log miles, as they tend to look more for "time on your feet" runs and don't care too much about mileage. The on-line log I used to use offered the ability to create teams and therefore seemed to attract quite a few high school and college groups whose coaches wanted to keep tabs on the summer running activities of their athletes (http://www.running-log.com/default.aspx, if you care to check it out). The developer has been kind of hit or miss. Anyway, keep it up, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I posted a linque to your intro page on the Runner's World Ultra/Trail forum, don't know how many of those guys gals log miles, as they tend to look more for "time on your feet" runs and don't care too much about mileage. The on-line log I used to use offered the ability to create teams and therefore seemed to attract quite a few high school and college groups whose coaches wanted to keep tabs on the summer running activities of their athletes (http://www.running-log.com/default.aspx, if you care to check it out). The developer has been kind of hit or miss. Anyway, keep it up, Lynn B
              Lynn, I did notice a spike in traffic around the time you made the post on Runner's World, and thank you for the link! The ultra runners are definitely a different breed. I know because I run with one. I thought of creating team/club pages, but I need to understand what people want from it first in order to create something with a good user experience. So I'll let that idea develop while I work on the log import page and user definable run types. Maybe I should start posting what I'll be working on next in the feature request forum so you guys can vote on what you would want done next since what I deem as important might be different from yours. eric Smile

Into the wild

Hello Eric, hello all, nice site Smile I look forward to sharing running talk and experiences here. Regards, Johnny

Shut up and run

mbishop

Hey Eric this is great. I just abandoned my old paper log. Maybe I will keep up with this one. Michele Smile
                  Erunama

I'd just like to put my thanks in here for creating a wonderful looking log. I've spent the past few days looking for something to keep track of my running, and this is lovely (found the link from another log's forums). Thanks again!
                      Eric, I'm not sure what motivates you to develop and maintain this site, but this is the best Running Log site I have seen (and I have tried a few)! I wanted to let you know that your effort is really appreciated. I am training for my first marathon and this is a great tool to track my progress. I tell everyone I know about your site and great work. Thanks!

Eric, I'm not sure what motivates you to develop and maintain this site, but this is the best Running Log site I have seen (and I have tried a few)! I wanted to let you know that your effort is really appreciated. I am training for my first marathon and this is a great tool to track my progress. I tell everyone I know about your site and great work. Thanks!
                        Phil, You're making me blush. I like running, and I like writing programs. Knowing that (the collective) you are finding the log useful is the cherry on top. The best is yet to come! Which marathon will you be running? eric Smile
                        Anachrotech1

A nice looking site. I'm really very impressed. Smile