Athlete falls during a 600m race but still wins (Read 1146 times)

SMART Approach

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Guts & determination!!

L Train

Cool and inspiring.  Perserverence through adversity. 

But I'll say it:  The use of the word "Christian" bothers me  is distracting to me in this context. 

Wing

Joggaholic

When I was in high school, I saw a guy running the 100m falling forward and then did a forward roll and came back up and running without really stopping. He came in last though, so it wasn't as good a story...

This video is posted numerous times through the year, and it continues to inspire.

Heather Dorniden, now Heather Kampf still lives in Minnesota and a friend of mine.  Her husband Ben helps with my training from time to time. 

the title of the video is not of her doing, although she has an inspriring and motivating commitment to her faith.   She is on Team USA Minnesota, involved with the community at many levels and currently attempting to make the A standards for the 800m for the Oly Trials.  She recently ran 2:02 and hoping to improve before Eugene.

if you ever get the chance to meet her, she's friendly, genuine and a real deal athlete.

http://heatherkampf.blogspot.com/

Here it is with the commentary instead of the music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70UF82nysIU

"I aim to misbehave."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Somehow this seems like the same story from a couple years ago, except with a new religious flavor pasted over it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

GodVine.com has numerous inspirational videos, and I've seen this one on there a few months ago.  Pretty cool.

The Team Hoyt one on GodVine is amazing.  If you haven't seen it, search for it and watch it.  If you're a dad, a son, a mom, or a daughter, you'll be touched by the video. 
                  Cheers,
                  Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

My favorite part is how in the end the girl that fell forgives the other girl for tripping her, very christian of her.  Oh wait, she looks off into the distance and won't even talk to her teammate...yeah that is actually more appropriate.

My favorite part is how in the end the girl that fell forgives the other girl for tripping her, very christian of her.  Oh wait, she looks off into the distance and won't even talk to her teammate...yeah that is actually more appropriate.

Dude, go out and run a 1:31 600m interval and see how long it takes you to talk afterwards...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                      Slo

I don't think you see enough video to make that assertion.

Dude, go out and run a 1:31 600m interval and see how long it takes you to talk afterwards...

You forgot the part about face planting at 400m.  

When I was in high school, I saw a guy running the 100m falling forward and then did a forward roll and came back up and running without really stopping. He came in last though, so it wasn't as good a story...

Big grin ... reminiscent of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Does anyone remember watching Rick Wohlhuter fall in a heat for the 800 in Munich 1972? He nearly caught back up to move on - gutsiest race performance I ever saw. I haven't been able to find any video of it though, so I wonder if my memory of it has been tainted.

ScriptCal

brings to mind watching this many moons ago when Bert Cameron somehow qualified for the Olympic 400m Final after suffering a ruptured hamstring during the semi-final heat (running a 45:10 in the process):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78VBYbP2z0w

understandably, the injury prevented his participation in the Final.

MTA a 4 instead of a 5!

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.