cold weather clothes (Read 1684 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Except that men have a higher muscle mass/fat ratio and can generate more heat that way.
    They also tend to be more full of hot air.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I was heavier, I was known to my kids as the "Daddy Furnace". If I held their hands, the warmth would transfer from me to them, like a furnace. Now, I am like zz, cold all the time...
      Yeah, I really noticed a change when I lost weight. But I was always hot as a kid and I was a skinny thing...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*high 5s Erica* Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, I resemble that remark. Surprised In the past I haven't done a lot of outdoor runs during the winter because I hate running on icy sidewalks or streets. That and I'm not a huge fan of snotcicles. I'm going to try to do a little more this year. Target has reasonably priced tech shirts and pants by C9 (Hanes) and Walmart has some by Athletech or Starter. Not as nice as UnderArmor, but pretty well made at a much lower cost. And don't forget there's a convenient shopping tab at the top of this page for RA gear. Mikey is right about the wind in the Boston area, it never seems to die down after Thanksgiving. If it's cold enough and windy enough, I put some Vaseline on my cheeks and that seems to help.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

my hands and feet are freezing october-may*, except when i am shoveling snow or running! i have found good running layer bargains at target, old navy and in the kids' section of Dicks sporting goods! online, rei.com, sierratradingpost.com & eastbay.com have always had good deals, too. *my hetero guy friends have all commented on how their girlfriends/wives all like to stick their freezing feet on them in bed to warm up, and my hetero girlfriends have all commented on how they love to stick their freezing feet on their men. i know i like to stick my freezing feet and hands on my dude's body to warm them up, too. i really do think men just run hotter than women most of the time.
            PWL

Has been

i really do think men just run hotter than women most of the time.
              From what I've heard, it is not that men run hotter than women but that our circulation is different. Has something to do with women's bodies focusing their heat/blood flow around their core (to protect the hypothetical offspring there). Since males don't have areas for housing babies, we get better blood flow and therefore better heat to our extremities. That's what I was told anyway...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."