2015 Sub-18 5k (Read 419 times)

runnershawn

Got the sub 18 today at Run Wesfield.  Ended with a 17:52  one second faster than last year.  Doing another one on the track in 2 weeks

Well done!

Got the sub 18 today at Run Wesfield.  Ended with a 17:52  one second faster than last year.  Doing another one on the track in 2 weeks

Tweeeked

Congrats! Updated the table with your results.

I will go for sub-18 on June 6th at a track series. I know I am capable of doing it, but it might be hard at this race. I'll be doing the 1000m immediately prior and it is also the day after my birthday, so I may be a little hungover. Could make for an interesting race...

2016 Goals:

• 5k: sub-16:30
        • 10k: sub-36
        • Half: sub-76
        • Full: 2:45 in Boston

Congrats!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I know it is off topic but inspired by Tweeeked's 2:57 marathon, I broke the 3 hr barrier at 2:59:55.  That said I'm eager to see Tweeeked's result on June 6.   You'll crush it!

Tweeeked

I know it is off topic but inspired by Tweeeked's 2:57 marathon, I broke the 3 hr barrier at 2:59:55.  That said I'm eager to see Tweeeked's result on June 6.   You'll crush it!

Awesome! Congrats! It's a big barrier! Time to cross out that goal in your signature! I still haven't decided if I'm running the 5000m on the 6th, as I'm doing a 10k this weekend. Will be doing a road 5k on the 21st though. Funny, I can actually still feel the after effects of the marathon when I try any sort of speedwork. Such a brutal distance.

2016 Goals:

ultramarathon/triathlete

Hit it again last night, just barely squeaking under 18.

17:55 at the AHA Wall Street Run (which I measured 3.2).

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

I've been "stalking" this thread for a while now since I'd like to go under 18 eventually.  It has been good motivation for me.  I'm running a 5k this morning.  Probably not ready to go under 18 yet today, but I'm hoping to go under my PR of 18:43.  So thanks everybody for the motivation, and I guess add me to the list.

Tweeeked

Well I went ~17:38 on a difficult course this morning. So I guess I graduate too! I think I would have crushed that time too but the first 3k is like all hills.

Anyone up for a Sub-17 thread?

2016 Goals:

Congrats!  I'll probably race a 5k for 4th of July so if I can get to 17:15, I'll chase 16:59 with you!

Tweeeked

Congrats!  I'll probably race a 5k for 4th of July so if I can get to 17:15, I'll chase 16:59 with you!

Sounds good! I don't think I'd limit it to just 2015 - keep it a more open thread as sub-17 is a little tougher to achieve.

2016 Goals:

ultramarathon/triathlete

Hit sub 18 again last night, just barely. 17:50 at the Al Goldstein 5k series in my neighborhood. I've been running and racing that course regularly for at least the past 10 years and this was my first sub 18 there. It's an up hill first mile so I'm very happy with my results! Big course PR.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

Tweeeked

Hit sub 18 again last night, just barely. 17:50 at the Al Goldstein 5k series in my neighborhood. I've been running and racing that course regularly for at least the past 10 years and this was my first sub 18 there. It's an up hill first mile so I'm very happy with my results! Big course PR.

Head on over to our sub-17 thread!

2016 Goals:

ultramarathon/triathlete

Head on over to our sub-17 thread!

Ug, I thought about that for about 5 seconds but man, Sub 17 is too impressive for my goals. I'm still just barely cracking 18 and Wednesday night at my race when I crossed the finish line wheezing and gasping for air, I thought for a second "this must be how people feel right before they die."

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                              Gatorade Endurance Team

Kcoates1223

First 5k since spring yesterday, PRed at 18:27. Have another 5k in two weeks that I'll be attempting to go sub 18 at.

Post High School PRs

5k - 18:35 10k - 40:07 Half Marathon - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:14:23

2015 Goals

5k - 18:32(HS PR) 10k - Sub 39 Half Marathon - Sub 1:30