Parent of the week (Read 460 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That Watch & Learn video under the article isn't the boy's presentation?  Durn.

A Saucy Wench

All my kids bring are postcards and stuffed animals.  So gypped are they.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I hear the kid that was doing the demo on making meth is upset the other guy is getting all the news attention.

But seriously, I have a kindergartner, It makes me unbelievable sad that kids have to grow up in situations like this.  For some reason, this kid struck and emotional note with me. 

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Feeling the growl again

I hear the kid that was doing the demo on making meth is upset the other guy is getting all the news attention.

But seriously, I have a kindergartner, It makes me unbelievable sad that kids have to grow up in situations like this.  For some reason, this kid struck and emotional note with me. 

How is the kid supposed to ever grow up "normal" and productive with a starting environment like that.....

I know someone whose wife grew up in a bad rural area of Kentucky....so bad that their kids view going there to visit the grandparents as severe punishment.  Well one day the wife's sister, who still lives there, got arrested at her house...along with her boyfriend/live-in/whatever...for cooking meth.  When all was said and done, the family figured out that they had been turned in by her own 17-yr-old daughter.  Apparently she finally got so fed up with the whole situation that she decided she was better off finishing out her youth in foster care....the extended family has not heard from her since.  Hopefully she was smart enough to break the cycle and get as far, far away as possible.  I hope the kid in this story gets help.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Watch: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. 

- Anya