PR on heavy half marathon (Read 1067 times)

bas

The half marathon I ran today was windy, included 7 kms on a narrow beach and 7 more on a nasty brick road through the dunes. But I ran a PR! Big grin. You can read the race report here bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Way to go! Wind definitely adds that special degree of difficulty to any race! Nothing like a PR to keep the motivation up. Great job!
      1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't you mean here? Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Give the guy a break, zz! Big grin I'm sure he can't think straight for all the endorphins buzzing around... Tongue Excellent run, Bas! Congrats! You rock! modified to add: anyone else find endorphins to be a little bit of a mind-fuzzer? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Woohoo Bas! Great that you managed it under those conditions too. Smile That's an excellent time considering that you walked a couple of times, i'm impressed. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
              Chris UK

As a fellow "over 50" I would be very happy to post that time for my first half marathon. Congratulations on a great time under difficult conditions.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

bas

bas

As a fellow "over 50" I would be very happy to post that time for my first half marathon. Congratulations on a great time under difficult conditions.
                    Thank you! It was not my first half marathon, only the first one here. My first HM was not long ago though. I ran that in october 2004 in Amsterdam. My time was 2:09:.. so I have managed to imrpove myself since then. I'm happy about that! bas

Awesome bas! Congrats on the PR

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

Congrats, bas! Loved reading your report. That's a great time under less-than-ideal conditions--especially the wind. I do not like the wind at all.
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

madness baby

Congrats Bas! I agree, that it is impressive with the wind! Smile
                          deb
                          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm a little late, but better than never. Great job Bas!
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm a little late, but better than never. Great job Bas!
                              Those rabbits... Roll eyes Always behind the pack. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Nice job, Bas! But I want to read your race report and can't get the link to work - can you check it for me? Yes

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------