Hills suck (Read 678 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, started this week working a hill workout into my schedule. Its been a long time since I've done hills and I forgot how much THEY SUCK! All I had to say. I hate hills. CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Hills suck you up! I love hills personally, I made it a quest to change my mind about a difficult workout that will reap great rewards. It's all in how you look at it.
      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Embrace the hills - they will set you free!

Giant Flaming Dork

Wind Blows.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ok, wish I had started this week working a hill workout into my schedule. Its been a long time since I've done hills, like 2 days, and I forgot how much THEY ROCK! All I had to say. I love hills.

#artbydmcbride

Gravity sucks! Hills make you strong. Big grin

Runners run

Trent- You BETTER love hills! We don't have much choice where we train! I have gotten over my dread of hills since I moved to TN. I had to get used to the fact that for a long time I would be running extremely slowly or even walking to get up some of the biggest ones. Once I got over that ego-hit, I got stronger and stronger and now can use hills to my advantage when I race.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Giants Fan

Trent you are a sick, sick man! I may grow to where I can tolerate them, I will NEVER love hills. I know, I know they make you stronger...but they still SUCK! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Just don't let the hills know how much they suck. If they think they're winning they only get tougher.

-------------------------------------
                    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Carl A

“The cold wind will be will be blowing off the lake. It will be nasty, intense; and I will love it.” ---Jack Lambert

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Wait a minute! Nobody's said it yet.=? HTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tongue
                        Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                          Pick big hills with lots of scenery on top. You'll learn to love the hills. Smile It's all in how you treat them - work with them, rather than trying to beat them into submission.
                          "So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                            Hills are your friend Wink I enjoy hills as a general rule - They make my legs feel stronger, and reaching the top is a wonderful feeling. The neighborhood my parents live in in central IL is incredibly hilly. The house is at the very end of a dead end street with two hills in the middle of it and hills on all of the roads leading off, so all of my running routes had several decent-sized hills. It was nice during high school because when we had hill workouts for cross country everyone else complained lots, but they were relatively easy for me because I'd been training on hills all summer. I used to run repeats up our driveway because it was so long and steep.