Forums (Read 927 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

As I read through the General Running and Running 101 they seem like they are nearly the same sorts of questions. Perhaps Combine this and make one forum Also - Ultrarunning seems to be more and more mainstream. Could this be made a forum (Yes, there is a user group). I think a forum would be a better venue to increase participation and expertise. Thanks. P.S. - emal notification is still a top request as well Big grin

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

My Hero

As I read through the General Running and Running 101 they seem like they are nearly the same sorts of questions. Perhaps Combine this and make one forum Also - Ultrarunning seems to be more and more mainstream. Could this be made a forum (Yes, there is a user group). I think a forum would be a better venue to increase participation and expertise. Thanks. P.S. - emal notification is still a top request as well Big grin
      I agree that there doesn't appear to be a big distinction between General Running and Running 101 as well as Ultra Running holding it's own as a separate forum topic. The user groups are great, it just took me about 2 weeks surfing RA to even find out about them. Perhaps: Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced Forums' ?
        I agree that there doesn't appear to be a big distinction between General Running and Running 101 as well as Ultra Running holding it's own as a separate forum topic. The user groups are great, it just took me about 2 weeks surfing RA to even find out about them. Perhaps: Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced Forums' ?
        I don't think splitting the forums in levels of experience is such a great idea. Whether we can run 3 hour marathons or working on our first 10K, we're all runners and therefore should placed in the same bucket. Perhaps a better description for General Running will help users place their threads in the right bucket.
        eric :)

Email notifications will consume a lot of bandwidth and I suspect that most of that will be ignored by the recipients anyway. Thread subscription may be a better way to go. As for adding an ultra running forum, I have no problems with it. If enough people chime in, I can add that. eric Smile