Ability to zoom into graphs (Read 1916 times)

DaKine

Was looking at a tempo run a buddy of mine and I did today, and realized we couldn't clearly tell what our pace was at the peak. Only by using Garmin Training Center could I zoom into a graph and see it. It would be very nice to have that in Running Ahead as well so I can get rid of Training Center altogether. :-)
    eric :)

Interactive graphs is something I would like to add.  I am avoiding using Flash on the website so my choices are limited.  Still, this is something I like to do soon.
      slevie

If you update the graphing, I'd also like to be able to zoom into Garmin graphs. Perhaps in the interim it would be possible to display only a single lap worth of data so you get horizontal zoom but not vertical zoom. In addition I'd like to be able to display a 3rd data item (although I'm sure other people would want 4 or more Smile Wink

Thanks for all your good work

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thank you Eric, for avoiding Flash.  I would be happy just to be able to click on a bar to drill down into the data.

whamblen

I've just started playing with the log again (wow has it come a long way in 3ish years!).  But this issue jumped out at me too - especially for pace.  Would your current graphing package support entering axis min/max manually and hitting regraph?  That would be ideal.  Even just including more gridlines would help.  For pace I'd personally like to see a gridline every 1 min/mile.  My pace graphs usually come up with y-axis 0-15 or 0-20 min/mile and all the data all in the 6-12 range.  With gridlines every 5 min/mile, it's hard to read what the pace is at any given point. 

Thank you Eric, for avoiding Flash.  I would be happy just to be able to click on a bar to drill down into the data.

LedLincoln,

I'm now leading toward using Flash, or at least have the option to use Flash for the charts.  It'll provide interactivity and other features I'm looking for.  Of course, this will be at least several months away since I'm working on the training plan right now.  I looked into html5 graphing but concluded that it is not ready for production use since older browsers don't support it.  There are still some (not many) users that are still using IE5 and IE6.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Some newer browsers don't support Flash.

xor

That's weird. Which ones?

How is this possible?  Flash is a plugin.  So long as the browser supports plugins, they'll support Flash.

Apple products may not support Flash, so I'll have to fall back to images.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apple browsers on IOS do not support flash.

whamblen

Apple browsers on IOS do not support flash.

But if Apple hears that RA's graphs are better with Flash, that might just push them over the edge into supporting it  :-)

Tiefsa

The only thing that is annoying with an apple mouse pad is sometimes I want to scroll down on the page, but if the pointer is over the map it will zoom way in or out.  I kind of like that it doesn't do that here yet.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, we have discussed that elsewhere.  Thankfully, RA does not use the scroll to equal map zoom.  But other gmap apps do.  Annoying as all sin.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you just run in a fractal pace pattern, you wouldn't need to zoom in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

Is it a leaf? Or the profile of an old woman?