What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

Prince of Fatness

This canned beer tastes just fine.....

I do pour it into a glass before drinking it, but then again I pour all of my beers into a glass if I can help it.

Not at it at all. 

12-week layoff

Bristol Brewing Company's Beehive ale. 

Not only for the taste, but the memory of my last date with hubby before he shipped out to Afghanistan.  Buffalo burgers and a Beehive in Colorado Springs.  Good times...sorta.

Queen of 3rd Place

3. Hell or High Watermelon. I had the most hope for this beer, however it really just tasted like an American Pilsner with watermelon rind in it. It was okay, but a bit disappointing for me. I think I just expected too much out of this beer. The initial flavor is a distinct flavor of watermelon rind (the white portion) followed by a wheat flavor. The part that was disappointing to me was that the beer flavor was too mild for me. I think watermelon in beer has real potential.

I've had it in the can and at the brewery, and it's a whole different beast on site! From the can it's just meh, at the brewery it's a lovely thing. And I don't even like watermelon!! 

So many lovelies out there, but this time of year, look for one of the chocolate stouts from Stone, made with real cocoa. My favorite incarnation so far:

Ex runner

xor

On tap.

Ok.  But was it the regular lager ("green") or dark ("brown")?

As for watermelon beer, most fruit-flavored beers make baby stevie ray cry.  Though lime in my Dos Equis AmberDarkBrown or lemon in my hefe... good stuff.

Ok.  But was it the regular lager ("green") or dark ("brown")?

As for watermelon beer, most fruit-flavored beers make baby stevie ray cry.  Though lime in my Dos Equis AmberDarkBrown or lemon in my hefe... good stuff.

Try Leifman's Kriek Lambic. If you can't find it and you need a substitute, I guess Lindeman's will have to do, but realize they are completely different.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It would be easier to pick my LEAST favorite.  That distinction would go to Leinie's Berry Weiss. Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Try Leifman's Kriek Lambic. If you can't find it and you need a substitute, I guess Lindeman's will have to do, but realize they are completely different.

I ain't drinking anything with "creek" in the name.

I ain't drinking anything with "creek" in the name.

Kriek = Sour Cherry in Dutch.

Lambics are naturally fermented. There is a bacteria that makes the beer a bit sour, but in a good way. It is a very interesting and tasty style of beer. Unfortunately, the Lindemann's is quite sweet, so this is why I wouldn't suggest a beer snob to try that one as a first Lambic. There are many other flavors of Lambic, some with no fruit.

Queen of 3rd Place

Mmmmmmmm...kriek. I had never heard of it until I went to Belgium. Then you couldn't drag me away from the tap. Although I never really took to gueuze.

Ex runner

The chestnut. She's a fickle beast.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kriek = Sour Cherry in Dutch.

Lambics are naturally fermented. There is a bacteria that makes the beer a bit sour, but in a good way. It is a very interesting and tasty style of beer. Unfortunately, the Lindemann's is quite sweet, so this is why I wouldn't suggest a beer snob to try that one as a first Lambic. There are many other flavors of Lambic, some with no fruit.

Define: unnatural fermentation.

I meant Spontaneous Fermentation.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Define: spontaneous fermentation.

MTA: you probably mean this, eh?

Spontaneous Fermentation refers to allowing the wort to be inoculated from the air, instead adding the yeast directly to the wort. Lambics, therefore, can only be brewed in one region in Belgium. Otherwise they are just Lambic Style.

Which actually leads me to make a correction. Liefman's Kriekbier is not a Lambic, so try Boon's instead.

xor

Ah, so only one brand of beers can truly be called dogfish.  The rest are merely dogfish style.

Sorry.