Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

MrH

Not particularly weird, but saw a big copperhead on the trail this week.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Not particularly weird, but saw a big copperhead on the trail this week.

Like this?

I came across a momma and baby deer on the "ground" the other day, about 20 yards in front of me.  As they didn't run away immediately, I put my hand out to show the deer I was friendly. The momma deer walked towards me until it was about 10 ft away. It wouldve been awesome to pet a deer, but it got bored and walked off into the woods.

Kalsarikännit

Monopoly money scattered for a full block.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

It wasn't on a run, but a hike to a local inner city crag to go climbing. We were walking up the trail to the cliff and we see this guy lying on the ground, unresponsive. Or we thought he was unresponsive, after some stimuli he kind of mumbled leave me the eff alone and an empty bottle of vodka rolled out from under his blanket. He was passed out drunk at around 11am, i thought that was kinda weird. A little early at least.

D'Blue

The forest where I've run hundreds of miles near my house burned this last summer. I was recently able to run my favorite trail through the forest. The fire burned with varying intensities at different spots along the trail. In the most intense burn area there were craters left where the fire burned the entire tree right down through the roots. And less intense areas the trees remained but all the pine needles had been killed and we're dropping onto the trail. The brown pine needles  were over an inch thick on the trail and made an incredibly odd crunching noise as I ran. It was very eerie.

This is not necessarily weird, but I live in Hanoi, Vietnam and I run across dead rats all the time. They are huge here too; I've never seen them this big back home in the US.

This is not necessarily weird, but I live in Hanoi, Vietnam and I run across dead rats all the time. They are huge here too; I've never seen them this big back home in the US.

Umm, I'd call that weird Smile

Umm, I'd call that weird Smile

I'm basing my interpretation of weird only on the posts I've read, which were about vibrators and Eminem. Those are weird Smile

Lol, ok, you have a point. I think I was just envisioning hundreds of dead rats just lining the road.. Maybe even having to run on a few of them. That's the image that was in my head Smile

I'm basing my interpretation of weird only on the posts I've read, which were about vibrators and Eminem. Those are weird Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Random dead rats would be very "canary in a coal mine" to me...I think I'd avoid running in any area with an abundance of dead critters for no obvious reason.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Broken wrist.. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Random dead rats would be very "canary in a coal mine" to me...I think I'd avoid running in any area with an abundance of dead critters for no obvious reason.

There are actually a lot of rats in the area, and so many small streets, that the rats have to cross them often. So, it's actually common to run over them.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There are actually a lot of rats in the area, and so many small streets, that the rats have to cross them often. So, it's actually common to run over them.

Ahhh...OK, so it's like deer in these parts.  I was envisioning a bunch of rats who had simply fallen dead for no visible reason.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay