Pre-marathon check up (Read 776 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

He hates running. He is not successful at running. You love running. You are about to run a marathon. A Ha! He is jealous.
    I agree. Maybe you can get him to be more supportive by stoking his manly ego some other way. How about asking him to add a wing to your house, and tell him what a great job he's doing even if it looks like crap?
      He's beaten me in the past, in at least two 5k races.

Michelle

I agree. Maybe you can get him to be more supportive by stoking his manly ego some other way. How about asking him to add a wing to your house, and tell him what a great job he's doing even if it looks like crap?
        *lol* No, he doesn't work well with wood, or anything relating to fixing a house. We pay people, it's just easier, safer, and less stressful. He used to play ice- hockey, I should convince him to do that again.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

He's beaten me in the past, in at least two 5k races.
          Yes. And now you have found a distance he won't try, so you will beat him and he will DNS. He, it seems, cannot take that.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, why do I think there should have been an EGO in there somewhere? Wink
            Yes. I agree. Wink
              Well, as suspected: My doctor gave me the "all clear" and said..."Michelle, tell your husband that you are more than healthy and able to run and that he should be there to cheer you on"... My heart is healthy, my blood pressure is ALWAYS great. My family medical history shows no reason for concern. I've been increasing my mileage and have had no major aches or pains, or any indications of serious medical issues. She said that I could get testing done on my heart but she does not see the need for that, at all. The only thing she said was that I probably do need to stay a little more hydrated (I know I'm guilty of this). On that note. I told my husband all that was talked about and what the dr said and he STILL says that he still views long distance running as extreme and excessive. With that comment, I decided to not tell hiim about the marathon. Not yet. Besides, Pam, Scout, Joe_h, and everyone here show me more than enough support! And don't make me feel like I'm doing something insane when I run. Time to run.

Michelle

Did I mention that I learned that when you think you have Pink eye you are NOT supposed to used regular eye drops to get the red out? Blush The doctor lectured me about that. I only did it to keep people from being grossed out with my bright pink eye. Apparently by using the drops I could prolong the issue at hand and make things worse. SO DON'T DO THAT. She was kind enough to give me a prescription for an antibiotic instead.

Michelle

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

You'll probably freak them out there with your low marathoner's heart rate!
                  One time years ago a triage nurse at an ER looked at my pulse and blood oxygen and said "Wow, are you a runner?". Validation is so sweet. Big grin
                  Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
                    One time years ago a triage nurse at an ER looked at my pulse and blood oxygen and said "Wow, are you a runner?". Validation is so sweet. Big grin
                    I would love to have that happen to me! (well, not the going to the ER part) Big grin

Michelle