The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good point.  I forgot about that.  Shane did the right thing though by telling her that.  Seriously, what were the chances this guy would not become zombie brunch after the hospital was taken over.  Shane didn't want the wife and kid to live with some hope that their husband/father was still alive.  That would be more painful then trying to cope with the fact that he was gone.  Bottom line, it was time to move on and get in survival mode.

So the next episode looks like the group meets up with some street tough guys and the zombies finally find the safe camp?  Should be interesting.  Now thinking back to the first scene of this series when Rick shoots that little zombie girl.  Do you think everybody in his group gets taken over by the zombies or they possibly had to leave him behind for some reason and he's all alone again?

That's a really good question.  I'm assuming that some of the key cast members end up surviving...you know, this group:

But I'll bet we lose a lot of those sort of secondary characters.

As far as Shane not telling the truth...hmmm...I guess if he's truly a good guy he would have told Lori that Rick died because he honestly felt that was the case or would be the case and that there was no way to rescue him.  But my suspicion is that he told her that Rick was dead because he had a thing for her and felt like the zombies were making his job easier--with Rick out of the picture it made it easy for him to move in.

The fact that they both were quick to be "friends with benefits" is pretty disgusting.  I kind of hope Rick ultimately ends up with Andrea.  They really seemed to have some chemistry in the 2nd episode (once she settled-down and realized that blowing his head off was not the answer).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So what the hell is with the cutting off of the hand?  Granted, I have never tried cutting through handcuffs or a pipe with a hacksaw, but I would think that would be my first choice in that situation.  Did he just panic when he saw all those zombie faces and opt for the softest cutting surface?  We've all heard the stories about people chewing a limb off to survive in the wild, but dude, c'mon, you've got a hacksaw.  Isn't that what they're for?  Cutting through pipes n' stuff? 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So what the hell is with the cutting off of the hand?  Granted, I have never tried cutting through handcuffs or a pipe with a hacksaw, but I would think that would be my first choice in that situation.  Did he just panic when he saw all those zombie faces and opt for the softest cutting surface?  We've all heard the stories about people chewing a limb off to survive in the wild, but dude, c'mon, you've got a hacksaw.  Isn't that what they're for?  Cutting through pipes n' stuff? 

I'm thinkin' he's a little slow on the uptake, personally.  That would explain a lot.  Slow + dehydration/sunstroke + zombies at the door = poor decision making skills. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

I'm thinkin' he's a little slow on the uptake, personally.  That would explain a lot.  Slow + dehydration/sunstroke + zombies at the door = poor decision making skills. Tongue

I'd think that in a slow + dehydration/sunstroke + zombies at the door situation, you'd be even more likely to default to the tool's most common function (i.e., cutting through pipe) rather than think outside the box (i.e., self-mutilation)... but then, maybe the most ridiculous option is this jackass's default.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Durrr

It seems fairly apparent that the opening episode's opening sequence --- when Rick arrives at the "No Gas" gas station and then encounters the young zombie girl --- takes place early in the chronology of the story:  between the point at which he bid the black father and son farewell (as he began his ill-advised journey to Atlanta) and when he came to that farm where he traded in his police cruiser for that doomed horse.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

that doomed horse.

Poor horsey.  This is why we don't see that horse in any of the series studio photos. Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

So what the hell is with the cutting off of the hand? 

Maybe, when facing certain death, or more accurately, undeath, he had an epiphany and desparate for forgiveness for  his lifetime of evil acts, surely including theft, he severed his own hand, like they do thieves in other countries............nahhh.Big grin

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gotta be from Mainway Enterprises.

YES!  Bag o'Glass!  That's a regular joke in our house every time we break a glass. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/survival-test

Seen this yet?

I got natural leader...um, not so much.  I've just seen a lot of zombie stuff. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Father figure

OK, not reading spoilers. Just gotta say, I just watched the first 2 episodes on-demand. Just awesome. I now have another guilty pleasure programmed into the DVR. That's just some fun television right there.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They did it again...said "there are only 2 more episodes THIS season."  So there will be more?  I wonder how they will wrap up this season if there will be another.  It's doing so well in the ratings that I'm expecting it to continue.  Might they have 2 6th episodes in the can--one that follows the original comic and one that leaves it open for more storyline?

Wow, tonite was good.  I was completely annoyed by the whole gang plot-line...until it twisted.  Then I thought it was a brilliant surprise and so well done.

Poor Amy.  I guess my theory about the cast members in the photo being immune from death/zombiehood was wrong. Sad I loved the Amy/Andrea relationship.

Glad Ed is dead.  I got a horrible sexual abuser vibe from him towards his DD during that scene in the tent when he tried to get her to stay.

Where is Merle?  He took the van, but he should have beaten the 4 guys on-foot back to camp.  He must be up to something very bad.

~ Sarah Kay