Help a noob out.... (Read 1315 times)

Eric, great site BTW. I'm coming over here from a similar site, that well, just wasn't keeping up with the demands of its users. One thing I'm not getting is if I ran a route someone else created how do I include that in my training log?
    Wingz

Professional Noob

ccamp - Glad you're here! First you'll want to pull up the map. You can do this by using the "tools" function on the left hand side menu under "training log." Select "find route" and then plug in your info to get a list of publically available maps. (Your friend's route must not be marked "private" or it won't show up!) When you've selected the route by clicking on it's name, in the upper right hand corner of the map is the option to "copy map." Click on that and it'll copy the map over to a form that looks just like when you enter in a new course. Save it and then you'll be able to use it like any other course. Good luck! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

ccamp - Glad you're here! First you'll want to pull up the map. You can do this by using the "tools" function on the left hand side menu under "training log." Select "find route" and then plug in your info to get a list of publically available maps. (Your friend's route must not be marked "private" or it won't show up!) When you've selected the route by clicking on it's name, in the upper right hand corner of the map is the option to "copy map." Click on that and it'll copy the map over to a form that looks just like when you enter in a new course. Save it and then you'll be able to use it like any other course. Good luck! Janell
        Wow! I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks Janell! You're always ever so helpful!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Pure self-interest! Any time I can save you here I imagine frees you up to work on that feature I'm drooling over... Wink

eric :)

Pure self-interest! Any time I can save you here I imagine frees you up to work on that feature I'm drooling over... Wink
            *takes out LONG todo list* Umm... which feature might that be?
            Wingz

Professional Noob

LOL! Actually it's most of them, so take your pick! Wink

Thanks.

De-slacking in progress

I'm trying to copy my maps to my DW RA course page without re-doing them all. when i use the search feature for my maps none of them show up as an icon as stated. All my maps are public, but don't show up un the search. What stupid thing am I doing wrong?

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

I'm trying to copy my maps to my DW RA course page without re-doing them all. when i use the search feature for my maps none of them show up as an icon as stated. All my maps are public, but don't show up un the search.
                    I was able to click on the "View Log" link under your avatar, click "Courses", click the icon to view the course, then use the copy map button. Are you logged in with your wife's username?

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

De-slacking in progress

yes- i have IE and Firefox- im logged in as me and her on the other. I clcick on copy map then goto FF and under her account i choose New Course but then I'm lost It says it copied but how do I paste it into her account?

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

When you are logged in with your wife's account, come back to this thread and click View Log under your avatar View your map Click Copy Map link (this does not put it on a clipboard like Windows does, it prepares a copy to be saved to the account in use at the time) Clicking the save button will save it to the courses for the account in use (your wife's course listing) Note that the account which is logged in displays in the top left corner, in my screen shot BadDawg is displayed. You can rename it if you want, mine is called BadDawg visits Carrollton.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

De-slacking in progress

Thank you for all the effort- works Big grin

Thank you for all the effort- works Big grin
                            Glad to hear, I think it's great that your wife is giving it a try. Best of luck to both of you.

E.J.

Confused I am confused about what types of runs are what ie; easy hard long hill etc could someone explain all these I figure all mine are probably easy right now but their are some inclines no big hills I ran 7.75 miles this weekend that seemed long but then when I look at others long 13 etc I know that is not .The main one is Tempo etc. THanks
                                Hey girun, This forum isn't widely read, it's pretty much for assistance with technical issues with the site. Eric and a handful of experienced users check it out, but you would get a wider audience if you posted in Running 101. You might want to include some information in your profile (or your post) about your background (brand new to running, used to run but lapsed, age, etc) and make your log public. Welcome, and good luck to you.

E.J.