Running America - Real? (Read 1076 times)

I got this e-mail today. Nehst Studios is now casting for runners – each to run just one mile with running superstars Charlie Engle and Marshall Ulrich - as they try and break the world's record for running across America. The tentative route for the run is http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100263218254991178788.0004481b0491417b2c319&ll=39.181175,-111.049805&spn=10.502586,24.147949&z=6 The entire event will be broadcast so you are guaranteed to be on camera. All ages and levels of experience accepted. Charlie's film, Running the Sahara www.runningthesahara.com narrated by Matt Damon and directed by James Moll, opens this summer. For more info and to sign up visit www.runningamerica08.com
    "If I control myself, I control my destiny."
    RunNow

I got this e-mail today. Nehst Studios is now casting for runners – each to run just one mile with running superstars Charlie Engle and Marshall Ulrich - as they try and break the world's record for running across America. The entire event will be broadcast so you are guaranteed to be on camera. All ages and levels of experience accepted. Charlie's film, Running the Sahara narrated by Matt Damon and directed by James Moll, opens this summer. For more info and to sign up visit www.runningamerica08.com
      Sounds like a real Man-Fest.

Feeling the growl again

You couldn't PAY me to be on film with a shameless self-promoter like Chuck Engle....superstar PLEASE. Try telling him you aren't in awe and he will go off on you...not a good personality IMHO. Meb is a superstar. Ryan Hall or Alan Webb are superstars. Engle? Far from it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mb1973

I've never heard of Chrlie Engle or Marshall Ulrich...
            I've never heard of Chrlie Engle or Marshall Ulrich...
            I've never heard of Charlie...but Marshall is one hardcore dude. The Leadville 100 and Pikes Peak Marathon are on the same weekend, and he finished both. Leadville starts at 6am Saturday and Pikes starts at 7am Sunday. They are two hours apart, by car.

over 9000!!!

narrated by Matt Damon.
              I was interested until i heard that part. The only thing that that moron has to do with running is running from my fist if i ever see the cave man looking ass clown!!!

The Greatest of All Time

I was interested until i heard that part. The only thing that that moron has to do with running is running from my fist if i ever see the cave man looking ass clown!!!
                Maaaaaatttt Daaaaaamooooon----Team America
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                JakeKnight

You couldn't PAY me to be on film with a shameless self-promoter like Chuck Engle....superstar PLEASE. Try telling him you aren't in awe and he will go off on you...not a good personality IMHO. Meb is a superstar. Ryan Hall or Alan Webb are superstars. Engle? Far from it.
                  You sure you got the right Engle? Charlie Engle and Chuck Engle are two very different people. MTA: For those who are wondering what I'm babbling about, this is Charlie Engle - the one talked about in the original post: http://www.charlieengle.com/ And this is Chuck Engle: http://www.chuckengle.com/

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Feeling the growl again

You sure you got the right Engle? Charlie Engle and Chuck Engle are two very different people. MTA: For those who are wondering what I'm babbling about, this is Charlie Engle - the one talked about in the original post: http://www.charlieengle.com/ And this is Chuck Engle: http://www.chuckengle.com/
                    Oh, poor Charlie. Didn't mean to offend him by that misidentification. Although I still fail to see how either of these guys are "superstars". That should mean that most runners at least know who they are.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Although I still fail to see how either of these guys are "superstars". That should mean that most runners at least know who they are.
                      There aren't very many ultrarunning superstars that non-ultrarunners have ever heard of (and Dean Karnazes doesn't count as a superstar). It's just the nature of our bizarre little corner of the sport... we're the red-headed step children of running. Wink

#artbydmcbride

I know who both of them are...and I consider them both to be running superstars.

Runners run

Lane

My mom tells me that I'm a superstar.

Feeling the growl again

There aren't very many ultrarunning superstars that non-ultrarunners have ever heard of (and Dean Karnazes doesn't count as a superstar). It's just the nature of our bizarre little corner of the sport... we're the red-headed step children of running. Wink
                            You're right, I'm not well versed on ultra running. I'm sure they could be stars in that world without me having ever heard of them....the title was just a little misleading.