Jeff - Race Judicata? (Read 811 times)

JakeKnight

Yo, Jeff. Are you doing the 5k or 10k next weekend? In case you aren't paying attention, neither has exactly a crowded field. And there's a cool $100 cash prize for the winner of each. If last year's results are any indicator, you're a shoe-in for the 10-k. I'll take an agent's fee of 6%. Or two beers. Or just let me touch your trophy. http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/timrock/vpost?id=1689550&trail=45

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Scout7

Or just let me touch your trophy.
      Perv.
      JakeKnight

Perv.
        Like you wouldn't touch it if he'd let you.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, why don't we form a team. There is a team award too. Of course I still may need babysitting. And PWP is close to my house. Which has in it a fridge. Which has in it homebrew.
            Hey, why don't we form a team. There is a team award too. Of course I still may need babysitting. And PWP is close to my house. Which has in it a fridge. Which has in it homebrew.
            Trent - I could help out, if Eli wants to run, or cheer, or has other plans. As long as your kidlets dont wake up before 5 AM, you are welcome to drop em off at my place, we can go to dragon park, and then West End....I am totally serious if you want.

Why is it sideways?

I'd love to run it, but I'll be out of town for the race. Let's keep the RA team idea in mind for the future...
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent - I could help out, if Eli wants to run, or cheer, or has other plans. As long as your kidlets dont wake up before 5 AM, you are welcome to drop em off at my place, we can go to dragon park, and then West End....I am totally serious if you want.
                Hmmm. Cool. I will let you know. The race is in Percy Warner and I would need to be there from 7:30ish through 10ish or so. Y'all could come out there and play too.
                JakeKnight

I'd love to run it, but I'll be out of town for the race. Let's keep the RA team idea in mind for the future...
                  Here's a handy PhilosopherGeek-to-English Translation: While a good idea in theory, I'd have to be nuts to be on a team with you bunch of slowpokes. Sure, I'd make you look good. But if I really want a trophy, I'd have a better chance doing it myself. Backwards. On my hands. While singing the Star-Spangled Banner in Pig Latin. In fact, I'm going to leave town just to avoid the whole thing. Yikes! Good luck, suckers. And by "out of town" I mean hiding in my closet and not answering the phone, and by "an idea for the future" I mean please go away. ------------------------------------- Yes, I speak philosopher. Ironically, it's remarkably similar to Pig Latin.

Hmmm. Cool. I will let you know. The race is in Percy Warner and I would need to be there from 7:30ish through 10ish or so. Y'all could come out there and play too.
                    Dang it, I just double-checked my schedule before telling you that Dragon Park is probably cooler than parks closer to your house (I love that it is wheel-chair accessible and thus inclusive!), but we could play at your place anyway if you preferred, and I find out I am on short-call. (I can't believe that, since I am on long-call Weds-Thursday. Didnt you once tell me the definition of a call-schedule is to be as inconvenient to everyone as possible?). So we will have to take a cloud-check - as long as I am injured and thus not running and not on-call, I really dont mind hanging out with your girls and taking them to WES on occassion.
                    JakeKnight

On a semi-serious note, the RA team thing is a good one, if not for this event, than for the future. I think the team is only 3 people - is Queen Abba still too injured to run? Cuz that's 3. And just how cool would it be to have Jeff as our anchor leg? The expression on the other team's faces would be pretty funny. Maybe we could pay him.
                      as long as I am injured .
                      And there's my answer. Too bad.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe Mrs. Gorilla will watch them kiddos of mine instead. I don't think I'm ever going anywhere near WES for a while. Too painful.

Why is it sideways?

For real--it would be fun to enter as a team. That's one thing I really miss from my school days. Plus, I'd get to be the noble soul, the elite hero willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of JK earning a trophy. At least it would keep his hands off mine. And--it's spring break. I gotta get away from the books. Heading to the west to visit some old buddies and roam around the desert of south Utah. Don't get me wrong. I wanted the Judicata money.
                            I think the team is only 3 people - is Queen Abba still too injured to run? Cuz that's 3.
                            I am not a Queen. Just a princess. But I think you are now the mayor of an island, last I checked. Didnt you all hold a coup or something due to lack of waiters and drinks? If you meant me, I am not running right now. And I am on-call. But I went to see someone (who I think knows what he is talking about!) who said 2 weeks with no running - starting on the 21st (I didnt run on the 20th - does that count?). He did say after that I could start back up at several miles a day which seems like an awfully high number given the past month, but I have to hang in for another 10 days before I need to figure out how far to run.
                            I don't think I'm ever going anywhere near WES for a while. Too painful.
                            Trent - I still like the people, and think the place desperately needs our support. Though I am totally turned off, as are probably most people. (Cross reference e-mail discussion last week.) And I never seem to be awake on Sat when I am not working l or out of town, the frequency of being awake seems to be highly correlated with how much I am enjoying services. I have decided I to only apply to residency programs in towns where there are at least 2 synagogues I can attend (only 2 requirements: not sexist and services mostly in Hebrew), so when I get frustrated with one, I can go to the other until I decide I prefer the first again....I kind of recognized this before, but now I am sure I really need the options, even if I only go to one. I am sure there have been sillier ways to pick programs. (Of course, Vandy's being the exception, and I wouldnt be shocked if I end up here.....but that is far, far away!)
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The people are good people. But not all of them are acting in good ways.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I just registered for the double... JK? others?