favorite running-ish books (Read 352 times)

CSP

Looking for a few good reads -- what are your favorite running (or related) books?

Two that I'm considering are:

Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind, by Sakyong Mipham

and

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness, by Scott Jurek

Anyone read either of those?

Mmmmm...beer

I read Eat & Run last month, good book.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

"Once a Runner" by John L. Parker; the Trial of Miles, miles of trials.......................

Hoban-Jay

The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner

Birdwell

The long walk- Richard Bachman

Hoban-Jay

The long walk- Richard Bachman

More commonly known as Stephen King.

BeeRunB

UltraMarathon Man: Confessions of An All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes

Running With The Buffaloes

Born To Run

Running Tide by Joan Benoit

jules2

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zonykel

"Unbroken" is the true story of Louis Zamperini. He was a runner, but the story is about more than that. I highly recommend it.

Village people

"Unbroken" is the true story of Louis Zamperini. He was a runner, but the story is about more than that. I highly recommend it.

+1000000 I loved that book!

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall

I read it in a couple of days when I first took up running a few years ago. It didn't transform me into a barefoot runner, but it did inspire me. Great book!

drrbradford

"Once a Runner" by John L. Parker; the Trial of Miles, miles of trials.......................

Best book related to running I've ever read. It's never going to win any prizes for literary style but I've never been so excited to run as when I finished this baby.

Tiefsa

Best book related to running I've ever read. It's never going to win any prizes for literary style but I've never been so excited to run as when I finished this baby.

Once a Runner is very good - Here's a few more suggestions

Born to Run

An Honorable Run

The Perfect Mile * This one is my favorite running book.

Running With the Buffaloes.

Not dead. Yet.

Running & Being

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Duel in the Sun- about more than just the famous Boston Marathon duel of Dick Beardsley and Alberto Salazar, it also is a short biography of each of them.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.