First of many! (Read 536 times)

First time since I started running that I have ran for at least and hour straight and also 5.5 miles. It was on a treadmill due to bad weather, but it felt great. If I can do this I know come March I can complete the Louisville Triple Crown. That is 3 races 2 weeks apart first a 5k then a 10k and lastly a 10 miler. Listening to podrunner definitely helped pass the time on the dreadmill. Just wanted to let someone know. Thanks Big grin
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great job, Mike! Wow, you're exactly where I am, running-wise! It's such a great feeling, isn't it?? I never thought I would be able to run that far or long. Good luck getting ready for the 3 races - that sounds challenging but fun.

that's what she said

Congrats Mike! Isn't it THE BEST feeling!!
        Nicole
        obiebyke

Congrats! I can't wait to be at that level. And congrats on the new munchkin, too! Clowning around

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Thank you, Thank you. Yes it does feel great and I knew I could do it. It was just a matter of me slowing my pace down so I could run that long. I would try and run a 9:30 mm and think that was okay for an easy run. After reading I now realize that it should be at least 1 minute or more slower for an easy run.

that's what she said

That's exactly what I was doing...after all the great advice I got on here, I slowed down and feel much better! Congrats on the arrival of your little one! My brother is a pilot for the AF...I should tell him to get to running! He has gained 50 pounds recently and couldn't hang with me for a mile Cool.
              Nicole
              obiebyke

Tolley--off topic, but I like your dog's schnoz.

that's what she said

thanks Smile...and totally not in a sexual way Tongue...but I like your kitties. We had two..but poor Pedro..may he RIP..was lost to the coyotes..we think. back to Mikes accomplishment....GO MIKE! Big grin
                  Nicole
                    That's exactly what I was doing...after all the great advice I got on here, I slowed down and feel much better! Congrats on the arrival of your little one! My brother is a pilot for the AF...I should tell him to get to running! He has gained 50 pounds recently and couldn't hang with me for a mile Cool.
                    You brother couldn't hang for a mile? How has he been passing his fitness tests? I know that is one big reason I started running more than I was before, plus I put on about 15lbs
                      Oh yeah very nice kitties you have there Wink

that's what she said

You brother couldn't hang for a mile? How has he been passing his fitness tests? I know that is one big reason I started running more than I was before, plus I put on about 15lbs
                        That's what I wondered!? He said he took one a few months ago...passed it...but hasn't been running since. He also injured his back last year, so I think he wasn't doing anything physical for a while.
                        Nicole
                        obiebyke

thanks. i'm a big fan of my kitties. sorry about yours, tolley. poor little one! why does this all sound so wrong? and mike, great on posting the new pic in your user profile. your daughter's so little!

Yeah hurting your back will definitely put a damper in anything physical. And Obie, yeah my little girl is tiny and so cute. She was only 4 days old in that picture and now she is almost 3 weeks. Time sure does fly.