13.11 and 26.22 (Read 654 times)

Apologies if this sounds petty, but I prefer to use 13.11 and 26.22 for half-marathon and marathon distances in my race entries because it results in a more accurate pace calculation (yes, I really do care about a 0:01 difference in my reported pace Sad) However, if I use 13.11 or 26.22, then my race entries don't register as "Half Marathon" or "Marathon" in the Personal Records page. Any chance you could make both 13.1 and 13.11 equate to "Half Marathon" and 26.2 and 26.22 equate to "Marathon"?

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

eric :)

Matt, I'll see if I can squeeze in your request before the next major release. It'll be some tricky math... eric Smile
        I seem to be the master of picky requests, between this and my request to accommodate jumbo race field sizes. Your efforts are very, very appreciated eric.

mkleiman, Any request that makes the site better is a good request. The field size fix is in. I still need to work on the PR page. eric Smile
            Outstanding eric. I just updated my Chicago Marathon race entry, and it recorded the entire 33637 field size. Many thanks.

I'll admit to wanting to suggest this a few times. Somehow that 1 second per mile that I lost on my Half Marathon PR pace when I moved my log to RA always bugged me. Even though I always knew it didn't change how fast I actually ran the race...makes no sense, I know.

Runners run

Hi Matt and Mike, I changed the code to handle the fuzzy distances. The change is not on the main site yet. It'll be uploaded along with other changes in the coming weeks. For now, you can just enter your race distances as you like. Once the change is uploaded, everything should be correct thereafter. eric Smile