Hey! Look at that! (Read 1049 times)

dork.major dork.

I went out for my quick run this afternoon before dinner with friends after a long stressful week, and about halfway through I thought to myself "Self, this is what happens when you have too much sugar and caffeine and not enough water, your runs feel cr*ppy". But I just logged it, and it was at 7:58 min miles (3.4 or them) !! Not an unheard of speed for me, but definitely on the speedy side, makes me wonder what I'm capable of if I'd slept and things...

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Sulli42

Looking at your log, I'd say you could probably run a lot faster than that, especially if you can go 13.1 at an 8:08 pace. That's pretty dang good. How long have you been running?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nice work! I only go that fast when I run down hills! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nice work! I only go that fast when I run down hills! Wink
          Indeed.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Indeed.
            *kick* Actually, it's not even the uphills that scare me so much...it's the downhills...my feet/legs can't move fast enough and one of these days it's gonna end in disaster, I'm afraid.... Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

dork.major dork.

Zoom-zoom. I'm the same way about downhills. I'm slowly learning that my feet will "catch" me. Easier to believe now that the layer of ice has let up. OSullivan- I"ve been running since Winter 06, but was pretty sporadic that first year. In January '07 I was able to shift my work schedule to be able to run 3 weekdays a week. Then in July I started training for the 8:08 min half, whihc was about five months ago. After that I gave myself a break and since then I've been working (not too successfully) on consistency, motivation, and mileage. You're probably right that I could run faster. I just haven't be focusing on that, or on racing this winter... (makes note to self to stop procrastinating signing up for spring race) I want to try just dong a 5 o 10k (yes that half was my **first** race ever) to see how that distance is and as a little bit of a test.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Actually, it's not even the uphills that scare me so much...it's the downhills...my feet/legs can't move fast enough and one of these days it's gonna end in disaster
                Tuck. And. Roll.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-zoom. I'm the same way about downhills. I'm slowly learning that my feet will "catch" me. Easier to believe now that the layer of ice has let up.
                  Oh, I hear that...I have avoided hills quite a bit for the last few months...most of the areas with some decent hills (not by Monkey standards, of course) are on backroads, so they weren't really safe to run--especially downhill. Jeff...tuck and roll...hmmm...I might have to try that. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, this place is more active on the weekend than I would have guessed. I'm only posting b/c I'm stuck at work. Angry Oh, and Imogene, nice run! Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.