sweating in class (Read 2158 times)

Menace to Sobriety

Didn't bother me in the least. Before I started doing most of my running outdoors, I was affectionately know at my Y as the "3 shirt guy"

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I'm about the sweatiest gal I know. It doesn't take much to get me sweating and it takes a whole lot to get me to stop. I try to make sure I have an extra hand towel, hat or whatever I need to stay as dry as possible when working out and I also take extra time to clean off the equipment when I'm done if I'm in a gym.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Rundadrun27

If I run on the treadmill at the gym I actually sling sweat all over the display
        Same with me. I always remember to wipe down the machines really well after my workouts. Even after wiping them down some people still give me dirty looks for sweating so much. They're just jealous that I worked harder than they did.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm about the sweatiest gal I know. It doesn't take much to get me sweating and it takes a whole lot to get me to stop. I try to make sure I have an extra hand towel, hat or whatever I need to stay as dry as possible when working out
          You know, that's one thing I was thinking after we finished our run--it was nice to run with someone who gets as soaked as I do. You're gonna love running with that hand bottle, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Sweat is sexy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweat is sexy.
              Only until it burns the eyes...then it's just painful.

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Ouchie - exactly - that's the WORST part. I'm a super sweat-er extraordinaire and the burning eyes were the worst part. Anya - I LOVE my "buff." You know the ones, made famous by Survivor. I wear it every run and have had it over a year now and it works GREAT. It's quite absorbent and one of those might work well for you. Sometimes I just wear it around my neck for outdoor runs and it's come in very handy. -- I wanted to add some links - the original one: http://www.buyabuff.com and where I bought mine: http://www.wellnessmarketer.com
                ~ Fly ~
                Only as much as I dream can I be.
                veggies on the run
                redleaf

especially when you wear contacts when you run. Sigh.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

especially when you wear contacts when you run. Sigh.
                    I think if I needed a prescription that I'd get prescription sunglasses for running, in that case. I have to wear 'em, anyhow.

~ Sarah Kay

I was doing a 1 hour run on the treadmill one day because it was pouring outside. There was so much sweat on the treadmill, one of the attendants came over and was looking at the ceiling, she thought the roof was leaking....true story. One thing I've found with the wicking fabrics is that they're not all that good indoors. If there is no air flow over you, the sweat doesn't effectively evaporate. It wicks off you fine, but just drips straight through to the floor. I just wear cotton t shirts inside, sometimes change for a long work out. At least the cotton holds it for a while.
                      Sorry, that is f'n hilarious. Sounds like me! It's been a while since I've looked at this thread. Glad to see some other sweaters out there! Oh, and thanks for the tip about Buffs, Maplefly. They look kinda expensive, but, hey if they work....I'll try it!

- Anya

Hoping to Run Again :-(

They look kinda expensive, but, hey if they work....I'll try it!
                        I know what you mean. I saved up for mine - buff was deemed a non-essential item - 3 pairs of Asics are essential Big grin - and honestly, it's worked so well it's been worth the money. I tried all kinds of homemade "bandanas" and headbands before that but they just didn't slurp it up like I needed. Sometimes Ebay has some great prices on them, but be sure they're buffs and not just a cotton bandana.
                        ~ Fly ~
                        Only as much as I dream can I be.
                        veggies on the run