The Gym is a Freak Show (Read 1287 times)

Ostrich runner

Which part is the who-ha?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Jess runs for bacon

I am so, so glad that I have a home gym. If I saw someone blow drying their bajingo I would probably barf. My local gym only has two treadmills (but three stair climbers?) so I got sick of waiting for them and got my own TM.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Thank you for the laughs . The gym I go to is really very boring , I go at lunch and there are only a few old people . I don't use the locker room so I might be missing something .

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Any time I go to the gym I'm always reminded of how many people in the world are weird and gross.  It does give you something to talk about though.

Yeah, PGDave is missing a lot by not getting out more.

My grandsons (3&5) are taking swimming lessons at the Y.

I went to watch this Saturday and haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

#artbydmcbride

My grandsons (3&5) are taking swimming lessons at the Y.

I went to watch this Saturday and haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

In the locker room?  Big grin

Runners run

Not a freak show, but....

There's a +/-55 year old Asian man at my local gym who (I think) used to be in the circus.

I run on the treadmill upstairs overlooking the weight area, and he walks up to a piece of gym equipment and does a handstand on it for about 45 seconds while doing pushups.  Incredible abdominal workout

Dang!
                If he can do that for 45 minutes, I sure as heck can run on the dang treadmill for 45 minutes at lunch.
                He draws a crowd and people admire him.  I've seen some people take pictures of him / with him.

Someday, I feel like video taping it, but that might make me the freak within this story.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

In the locker room?  Big grin

I try to stay out of locker rooms as much as possible.

I wouldn't want to see anything that would require me to soak my eyes in bleach

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

jfa

I try to stay out of locker rooms as much as possible.

I wouldn't want to see anything that would require me to soak my eyes in bleach

I belong to one gym that is a few minutes from home.I use the TM and weights. Most people there are fairly normal and fit. However, I recently joined the Y a couple towns over as well. I wanted to use the pool and raquetball courts. In that place, I do not dare to lift my eyes from the floor while in the locker room. I did at first, and was astonished (in a very bad way) at how old men's parts can get so low.

Ack. I can't even describe it. What has been seen can not be unseen! Ack!

I belong to one gym that is a few minutes from home.I use the TM and weights. Most people there are fairly normal and fit. However, I recently joined the Y a couple towns over as well. I wanted to use the pool and raquetball courts. In that place, I do not dare to lift my eyes from the floor while in the locker room. I did at first, and was astonished (in a very bad way) at how old men's parts can get so low.

Ack. I can't even describe it. What has been seen can not be unseen! Ack!

Gravity always wins....

Kalsarikännit

Gravity always wins....

It's a law.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

FSBD

One day while on the treadmill I watched these 4 people (three guys and one girl) all taking turns flexing and posing for the camera.  The girl was in all of them (she was definitely ripped) and the guys rotated one or two at time with her.  They were lifting their shorts to show off their quads and flexing in every possible way.  This went on for probably a half hour.  It would have been pretty amusing just to watch, but it was annoying because I was definitely in the background of all of the pictures and definitely did not want my picture taken.

Lately I have been sticking to the indoor track though because they enforce the 45 minute rule for the treadmills at this time of year.  All the people on the track are way more normal.  Or at least my kind of weird.  They only thing about the track that annoys me is the people who can't seem to grasp the "slower traffic on the inside" rule.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

TJoseph

It's a law.

That has been superceded by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity almost a 100 years ago.  You have to stay up on scientific news.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That has been superceded by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity almost a 100 years ago.  You have to stay up on scientific news.

e = mc2 accounts for my hoo-ha's behavior?

#artbydmcbride

One day while on the treadmill I watched these 4 people (three guys and one girl) all taking turns flexing and posing for the camera.  The girl was in all of them (she was definitely ripped) and the guys rotated one or two at time with her.  They were lifting their shorts to show off their quads and flexing in every possible way.  This went on for probably a half hour.  It would have been pretty amusing just to watch, but it was annoying because I was definitely in the background of all of the pictures and definitely did not want my picture taken.

Lately I have been sticking to the indoor track though because they enforce the 45 minute rule for the treadmills at this time of year.  All the people on the track are way more normal.  Or at least my kind of weird.  They only thing about the track that annoys me is the people who can't seem to grasp the "slower traffic on the inside" rule.

I thought it was slower traffic on the outside!

Runners run