How do explain why Oregon women run so much faster when being cheered by Alexi Pappas? (Read 142 times)

xhristopher

Watch this race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1hWGjnHGpY

If you can't explain this I'll give you points for creative ineptness...

Who would not want to be called a mermaid?

I love the combination of humo(u)r and enthusiasm.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

kcam

Who would not want to be called a mermaid?

I love the combination of humo(u)r and enthusiasm.

Is that the Stanford race (can't watch utube at work)?  If so, I was at that race sitting a couple rows in front of Ms Pappas.  By the end of the race I wanted to punch her in the throat.

xhristopher

Is that the Stanford race (can't watch utube at work)?  If so, I was at that race sitting a couple rows in front of Ms Pappas.  By the end of the race I wanted to punch her in the throat.

Video says "2013 Payton Jordan Cardinal Invite."

So, considering you would want to punch her in the throat, How do you explain it?

kcam

That's the one.

OK, so I was trying to sound internet-cool with the 'punch in the throat' thing (for the record the thought never crossed my mind at the time!).

Anyway .... 25 lap race.  First 5 or so laps it's actually kind of cute and endearing, round about lap 10 the annoyance factor was getting high.    After that I found myself bracing whenever Hasay came around because that meant Ms Pappas would start yelling again.  By the last few laps I wasn't the only one uneasy.  Uncomfortable as hell.

xhristopher

Whew! Glad that was just you being internet cool. I'll take you off back off my list of RA people to avoid in real life.

Since you were there, I'll take your word. I bet it really is a lot cuter on the internet, and for just a couple laps.

Folks, it's not evident in this video but Jordan Hasay ran 32:06.64 while being called a mermaid and stuff. That kicks all of our asses. 

Speaking of ass kickings. This summer I tried to avenge Kencamet's being annoyed (before I even knew about it) and actually raced Alexi Pappas in a 10K race. It's true. Results are on the internet. Unfortunately she beat me by about 5 minutes.

Well done!  humourous (humorous).

humo(u)r 

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Humerus.

jpdeaux

That's next to the funny-bone, right?

Humerus.

Walk-Jogger

That's the one.

OK, so I was trying to sound internet-cool with the 'punch in the throat' thing (for the record the thought never crossed my mind at the time!).

Anyway .... 25 lap race.  First 5 or so laps it's actually kind of cute and endearing, round about lap 10 the annoyance factor was getting high.    After that I found myself bracing whenever Hasay came around because that meant Ms Pappas would start yelling again.  By the last few laps I wasn't the only one uneasy.  Uncomfortable as hell.

Wow. Just wow. Her voice was a lot like fingernails, scratching a chalk board repeatedly. I was really hoping the camera person would pan around so we could see this annoying creature's face . . .

Retired &  Loving It