Wilne 10k (incorporating the Midland Counties AA 10k Championships, the Midland Masters AC 10k Championships and the Derbyshire AA 10k Championships) (Read 959 times)

wilne10k

The second Wilne 10k road race will take place on Sunday 2nd September 2012 at 10am.  The scenic, flat, traffic-free road route is open to all abilities and is an excellent course for people looking to complete an easy flat 10k or for the runner who is chasing a personal best time.  We are please to announce that the Wilne 10k 2012 will be hosting the Midland Counties AA 10k Championships, the Midland Masters AC 10k Championships and the Derbyshire AA 10k Championships.

The 10k road race is offering a chip timing and results service so all runners will be able to see their gun time (start horn to the finish line) and their chip time (from when you cross the start line to the finish line).  There will be an extensive individual prize list as well as team prizes.  All finishers will receive an event t-shirt, goody bag and more.

The official charity of the 2012 Wilne 10k road race is the Alzheimer's Society.  Please support the charity as much as you can by donations or through sponsorship.

Closing date for all entries (or until race limit is reached): 29/08/2012 (standard entries closing date: 15/08/2012).  No entries on the day.

For more information, please visit: www.wilne.co.uk

xor

The thread title is not long enough.

The thread title is not long enough.

Nor is it transparent enough.

The original poster seems like they might be legitimate to me, anyway.  Their log is probably just not visible because they're shy, right?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

xor

I believe that it is legit.  We get a variety of race advertisers here.  One of my least favorites from this side of the ocean is "Erie Tom" who ONLY posts each year to spam us about the Oil Creek races and doesn't bother to answer questions.  (and yeah, I have heard his races are good, but I don't care. If you only participate to shill your race, you keep bumping your own thread only to say that the race is filling up, and you don't bother to address simple questions, you are a spammer.)

But for whatever reason, I notice the UK ones a lot more.  Not sure if they are more common, but I remember them.

That is some title.

That is some title.

I've registered for the 10k.  Perhaps there's some subliminal high-jinx at play within the machinations of the thread title Shocked

p.s. in fairness, it's less than 25 miles away from my front door and looks a good 'un.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

xor

What does it mean that I processed your quotation of my own sentence as "That is some tittie"  ???

Err, I was just agreeing with you.

MTA ooh, i unprocessed your processed interpretation.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

JimR

These misinterpreted quotes are useless without pictures.

xor

Err, I was just agreeing with you.

MTA ooh, i unprocessed your processed interpretation.

Sorry.  That was an unintentional Joke Grenade.

(I threw it in and then....3 .... 2 .... 1 ..... BOOM. You got it.)

Runners run

wilne10k

ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT TO ENTER THE WILNE 10K AT STANDARD ENTRY PRICE! - Late entries accepted until 29th August.

xor

OMG!

JimR

No friggin' way I'm running something with a gazillion championship runners in it.

drrbradford

If only it had been on the Saturday, not the Sunday. It could have been a very good chance of a PB for me. But there's a red oval in Manchester calling me to run around it 25 times on the Tuesday instead.

Fast Times!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus