Dream Car (Read 955 times)

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

A red 1969 Porsche 911.

In transit, arriving on time. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Lots of awesome cars here, and I'm really glad they belong to someone else.  Kinda like young children.

Ostrich runner

I'm driving my dream car now - 2011 Subaru Forester Hatchback, 5 speed manual trans.  

When you sell that, make sure you do it yourself. There is significant demand for the manuals that enthusiasts will pay for that a trade-in wouldn't, especially if it is an XT.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

This 1963 Opel Kadett is named Oliver. Obviously, I'll never be able to own Oliver, but any car that's this hard to kill is my dream car.

Capt Awesome

Bright yellow Pontiac Aztek... it'll go down as a collectible someday, mark my words. Granted as one of the ugliest vehicles ever created, but a collectible nonetheless.

speaking of opals, I used to really like those old Opal GTs from late 60s early 70s.  Anybody remember them?  not my dream car by any means but just like the looks of them.  in HS I drove a forest green 66 Buick Skylark GS convertable with a Wildcat 445 motor.  dad bought it & it broke down on a trip to Reno.  they repaired it & handed it down to me.  I was fortunate to survive my hs days because of that car & other reasons. seriously.  Before that we had a giant white Buick Wildcat with an even bigger motor. That was the car I learned to drive in.   Although neither would be my "dream car" wouldnt mind having either of them again.

Buelligan

A red 1969 Porsche 911.

Those early 911s weren't the easiest cars to drive fast.  They have a reputation for biting the inexperienced driver with vicious off throttle and brake induced oversteer.  An unusual percentage of them flew off the road backwards compared to most sportscars.

This handling anamoly was eventually tamed in the late 80s.  The earlier ones are definitely cars that require a deft hand and foot.

an amazing likeness

This 1963 Opel Kadett is named Oliver. Obviously, I'll never be able to own Oliver, but any car that's this hard to kill is my dream car.

How are you planning to get Richard Hammond to give up Oliver ?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I have always wanted a vintage Beetle. Barring that, I would be willing to settle for a current new Beetle. I am not a fan of the rounded new Beetles they sold up until a few years ago.

TRUST THE PROCESS

kcam

speaking of opals, I used to really like those old Opal GTs from late 60s early 70s.  Anybody remember them?  not my dream car by any means but just like the looks of them.  in HS I drove a forest green 66 Buick Skylark GS convertable with a Wildcat 445 motor.  dad bought it & it broke down on a trip to Reno.  they repaired it & handed it down to me.  I was fortunate to survive my hs days because of that car & other reasons. seriously.  Before that we had a giant white Buick Wildcat with an even bigger motor. That was the car I learned to drive in.   Although neither would be my "dream car" wouldnt mind having either of them again.

Yep, remember the Opel GT (mini-vette).  My first car (my dad handed it down to me when I was 17) was a 1970 Opel Kadette station wagon.  Had a 1.1 litre engine and 5spd manual and got 30+mpg.  The GT's got a 1.9l engine.   It had an 11 gallon gas tank and my old man had put in a 8 galon aux tank under the rear floor.  19 gallons at 30mpg meant LOTS of driving till I had to fill up.  I beat the crap out of that car out in the West Texas desert for several years and finally, when I graduated from college, I sold it for $50.  I used to drive it across the border to Juarez and fill up with Pemex gas which was about 20 cents / gallon cheaper than the gas on the US side.  It had no aromatic additives and the exhaust stunk badly when using it.  You could always tell which cars were filling up on the Mexican side!  Good times!

Another thing I just remembered about that 70 Kadette is that it had triple dual barrel Solex carburetors.  They actually worked really well when you had them synched properly.  Man that car was simple compared to today's cars.

Queen of 3rd Place

When you sell that, make sure you do it yourself. There is significant demand for the manuals that enthusiasts will pay for that a trade-in wouldn't, especially if it is an XT.

Good to know, I have a manual Forester as well, although not the turbo. Best-handling car I've ever driven in the snow. There's nothing particularly dreamy about it, however.

Ex runner

I have always wanted a vintage Beetle. Barring that, I would be willing to settle for a current new Beetle. I am not a fan of the rounded new Beetles they sold up until a few years ago.

I've owned a '72 and a '73 Superbeetle back around my college years about 20 yrs ago. (Damn I am getting old fast!)   

I've always wanted to own a Mercedes..... So I bought one and own one now. (fully paid off as well already, which is always good).  I love being able to take exit ramps at 65 mph...

And I currently bought that new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder.    Have had a long love for the quality/sportiness/power/reliability of Nissans, a connection that goes back to the first car I ever owned:  A 1976 Datsun 280-Z.

----I think y'all can see I am not a fan of "American" cars?  :-)   (Hey, I tried!   Twice!   I test drove a Saturn about  12 years ago and the glove compartment fell off in the dealers lap...   And I test drove a GMC Terrain about 4 months ago, and this "rugged" GMC was way underpowered with a 4-banger and the side panel on the passenger side fell off, revealing the airbags and wiring harnesses!   I mean Hey!  I am glad to know all that is there!   But don't necessarily want all that falling out on me while I drive.  Undecided  (true story) Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I've owned a '72 and a '73 Superbeetle back around my college years about 20 yrs ago. (Damn I am getting old fast!)   

Love those Superbeetles!

TRUST THE PROCESS

tessasnewlife

I work with cars- so I have lots. My problem is I fall in love with ONE car- not year make and model, but that car as it is. So far I have fallen in love with:

93 BMW 325i (amazing sound system, black, only BMW I have ever liked)

64 Chevy Imapla- beautifully restored

64 Lincoln Confidential Suicide doors or convertible (Im not picky).

94 Chevy Blazer 4WD- owned it and it drowned in California during a rain storm as I watched

08 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel- AMAZING truck. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Slightly impractical given I have 80 lb bulldogs that can't jump

Current want is a Ducati- new. Pearl white

Coolest cars I have driven:

A old super beat up station wagon with a camero engine inside. Smoked some guy on PCH. Loved the look he gave me at the next light.

Lotus Elise- super pain to get in and out of. As a girl there is no way to get in and out in a skirt without showing off your stuff.

We rebuilt a 67 Mustang fastback from shell up- amazing car.

Hollie S.

Merry Christmas!

OMG so I would normally say a hummer or a Jeep of any sort, but just a couple days ago I saw probably the first pickup ever built, if it could be classified as a pickup. It obviously did not run, but I wanted it so bad. the back was probably about five feet long, the front the same, and it was probably the ugliest thing I have EVER seen, but it was so ugly that it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen and I wanted it so bad for my entire life. Not to mention that I would end up spending my entire life savings on trying to make it work, I just loved it and I don't think any car will ever do for me anymore.

I wish I was as young as I look in the forum picture! But I'm not. :(