Crusted Salt--my new running related comic strip (Read 1266 times)

BeeRunB

Hi Gang,

I've been a member here since 2007. This is my official announcementCool that, on January 1st,  I launched a new comic strip on-line that has my unique take on the running world. It's called Crusted Salt. I plan to keep it mostly a daily strip. I'm up to #20 so far. If you stop by the website, just follow the arrows to peruse them. 

I've had a link to the website in my signature since Jan 1, and some of you are already aware of it (and have written to me about it--thanks). The links on this page will take you to Crusted Salt #1---"Tales Of The Unshod#1". If you've already been there,  just click the PREVIOUS arrow for the newest.

There are links to a fan page on FBook, Twitter, RSS, and Email subscribe for reminders.

Hopefully, a few will make you smile. Enjoy!

Click here to go to Crusted Salt.

Thanks for all the good times here on RA!

--JimmyCool

vegefrog

Nice! They made me smile!

haha, "NEVER High five bigfoot" , that's a good one! I will pass it on to my ultrarunner friends Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is my favorite!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Half Fanatic #846

Ha ha!  The Unshod: "Kidnapped by a pack of feet worshippers during a trail race..." that's one of my favorites.  Oh, and running with the porcupines too.

You're talented!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

BeeRunB

Thanks Vege, Zoom, and Bill, for taking the time to take a look, and for the nice comments. I find it interesting which ones people like the best. Always different. Just in the first 20 days my appreciation for the great ones like Charles M. Shulz, who produced daily for decades, has grown immensely. The idea is not always there, and it's like pulling a sword out of a stone sometimes. Cool -Jimmy

funny stuff

C-R

Porta Snotty. That's funny.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Porta Snotty. That's funny.

Perhaps this is a testament to my dorkitude, but upon first glance I thought the porta-potty was the Tardis... Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Very cool! My fav was Sally's contribution. Classic!

A Saucy Wench

I liked Bob the uber bandit.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Maggie & Molly

good stuff. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

BeeRunB

Thanks. Very cool of everyone to check out the strip AND to post about them.

I like the Uber Bandit, too. Extreme---don't bandit the march, man.

Cool

--Jimmy

Feeling the growl again

I did not make it through them all, but your collection would not be complete without addressing snot rockets, chafing, perma-stink clothing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

BeeRunB

I did not make it through them all, but your collection would not be complete without addressing snot rockets, chafing, perma-stink clothing.

The first two out of those three have been addressed, Spaniel. Cool

A couple more ideas, taking off at a dead sprint in a long race, trying not to get chicked/geezered, fuel belts in 5Ks, hallucinations in a ultra, and my favorite - shipping shoes to your office so your wife does not know (you know who you are)