First run in 6 Months!!! ( Posted to worng forum first time ) (Read 880 times)

Hi everyone! Im sorry I have not been posting my updates, but it has been harder than I thought to come back. Anyway today was the day! I just woke up today and said you are going to get your sorry butt outside and try to run, so for the first time in 6 months I strapped on my garmin and blasted off like a turtle with 3 legs. Big grin I had no idea if I could even run 200 yards, I just wanted to try. My first mile was in 13:12, and it got even slower after that to finish at 3 miles in 43:48. But I cant even begin to tell you how great it was to run again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure I will be sore, but Im even looking forward to that! After everything that has happened the last 2 years to be running again after 6 months is just to much to ask for. I still cant get over the fact I lasted 3 miles, even at such a slow pace. But Im lucky to run at all. I wish you all could see this big dumb grin on my face Big grin
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bernie! Hey, man, how are you!? I'm so glad to see that you are doing well and running strong! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Bernie, post on any forum you like... it's still great news! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Hi everyone! I wish you all could see this big dumb grin on my face Big grin
          Bernie - I can't see the grin, but I can sure feel it!!! Way to go and keep on truckin'!
          The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
          va

How sweet it is!!! Welcome back to running!

Now that was a bath...

Well I for one think that this particular post is worth several viewings. Sweep the boards Bernie. Our hearts are right behind you.
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Wow! Thanks for sharing your awesome news! That is amazing to be able to just pick up and run that distance! Congratulations! Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

luckyangel815

Bernie that's so great. I got out this evening and did the first run in a month 2 miles! It felt so good. I did not realize how much I missed it. Good luck! Big grin Angela
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome back, Bernie! It's amazing how good a simple run can make you feel... Keep up the good work! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Slow-smooth-fast

I am recovering myself from IBS, and when I started back a couple of weeks ago I thought I would never get back to where I was, I am now on the way, so dont give in, stay with it.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Thanks Everyone! I ran a slow 2.3 miles yesterday on very heavy legs! Tongue Today my legs are very sore, but I dont even care. It's just great to be doing this again! I did not remember it until I looked at my log but it was 1 year ago yesterday that I signed up here at running ahead and did my first run and log entry. Big grin I had a great first 6 months last year until the C came back and took me out for another 6 months, but Im back again and looking forward to getting back on track and adding up the miles. This is a Great site with Great people! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
                        What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
                          Welcome back! That's one of the best running posts ever on this board.

Runners run

Hi Bernie! I think I came to this site around the time you were leaving, so didn't get the chance to "meet" you. I have just read past posts, however, and I just want to say how thrilled I am that you're at the point where you're out the door again and running!! A lot of my close relatives, unfortunately, have dealt with cancer, so I know what a journey this must have been/ is for you. Keep on truckin' and God bless you!!! ~Joni~
                              It's been way too hectic at the office. I've been pushing too much paper, answering too many e-mails, putting out too many fires, and basically, dealing with too much BS. I don't sleep well at night, leave the office late, worn out and drained, and don't have the time or energy to run as much or often as I want. I get cranky and am a pain in the ass to the loved ones. I want it to ease up, and for life to be simpler... But then I think about Bernie and all the shit he's had to deal with, and I realize I'm a BIG FRICKING WHINER! I SHOULD JUST SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT!!! Bernie, you really are an inspiration to all of us! Keep on truckin' and keep kicking the C in the ass!!!
                              The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison