Any Brooks fans out there??? (Read 1111 times)

Menace to Sobriety

I never wear out the tread on my Adrenalines, but as stated, around 300-350 miles, I feel it in my legs. I'm over 200 lbs and sweat like a pig, so the extra weight and moisture have an effect on that, I'm sure.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

A Saucy Wench

My tread on my old adrenalines look just fine, I just feel it in my legs like craig. I must have a pounding gait. Cause I am not 200 or all that sweaty. Tongue

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ringmaster

No, I'm a lot nearer 100 lbs than 200, and I don't wear the tread. But boy do my knees feel it when the cushion goes . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
        Mile by Mile

I'm on my 2nd pair of Infiniti's - so far pretty happy with them. Brooks is the only shoe that comes close to fitting my feet - I don't usually get more than 300-350/pair. Like VixiDu, I don't wear out the tread, but I can tell when the cushion goes...also, I never use the inserts that come with the shoes. Some women have many shoes.....I have a collection of inserts Roll eyes

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

I switch between a pair of Adrelaline 7's and 8's regularly and I really can't tell the difference between the two. Maybe once my mileage gets up there.

Old, Slow, Happy

I am 200 lbs and I use the Brooks Beasts always. I get 500 miles out of them, but after 300 I use them for short runs only. I tried a pair of Adrenaline GTS 8. It probabaly is coincedence, but I got a huge case of runners knee after I wore them once. I'm afraid to run in them again. I'm still fighting the knee issue after 4 weeks. I do like the Beasts and have been running in them for two years. I run about 50 miles/week when my knee isn't bothering me.

dork.major dork.

I'm 5'4" and 140lbs. I run in the Brooks Radius', they work wonderfully, though after about mile 400 the telltale aches come on. I never wear the tread -- I've had about five pairs of these. They've stopped making the Radius and soon I'll have to find a new model/brand that works for me. Sad

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Menace to Sobriety

I am 200 lbs and I use the Brooks Beasts always. I get 500 miles out of them, but after 300 I use them for short runs only. I tried a pair of Adrenaline GTS 8. It probabaly is coincedence, but I got a huge case of runners knee after I wore them once. I'm afraid to run in them again. I'm still fighting the knee issue after 4 weeks. I do like the Beasts and have been running in them for two years. I run about 50 miles/week when my knee isn't bothering me.
                  Probably not coincidence. The Beast is Brooks' maximum motion control shoe, lots of support and fairly heavy. The Adrenaline is lighter will more subtle control. That would explain the problems you had with the Adrenalines.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Old, Slow, Happy

Probably not coincidence. The Beast is Brooks' maximum motion control shoe, lots of support and fairly heavy. The Adrenaline is lighter will more subtle control. That would explain the problems you had with the Adrenalines.
                    I am hoping you're right. It means I may get past this and start running some miles again. Thanks for the input!!! Smile
                      I have about 150 miles on my Infiniti's and I really love them so far! Didn't think I could part with my Adrenaline 7's - but I am very happy. They are great on my weekly long runs (both street and trail). I did get a pair of Adrenaline 8's to break in - but after two short runs in them - I have mixed thoughts. For some reason they seem much wider than my 7's and the Infiniti's. Maybe a bit clunkier too? I will have to see - but for now - I can give high marks to the Infiniti's!
                        I'm bumping this since I'm buying new shoes now too and looking at Brooks Axiom. Is that comparable to the Mizuno Wave Inspire in stability? I ran in Inspires but after 190 miles, I ran a half marathon and developed runner's knee and some PF. Really cut back the mileage for a few weeks - shoes have 220 miles now but the knee and PF flares up, even runs shorter than 5 miles. I hear mixed results on how long Mizunos last. Would an equivalent Brooks last a little longer? I ran in Adrenalines a year ago and they gave me shin splints - too much stability. MTA: I'm a slight overpronator but have a neutral gait. Arches are a little low but not flat.

Menace to Sobriety

I can't help you with comparing Mizunos, but I train in Adrenalines and use the Axiom 2 mostly for races. Axioms seem to be a little closer to the ground, more flexible and a little lighter. I ran my 1st marathon in the Axiom 1s with no problems. I haven't had any problems switching back and forth. The day I got my Ax 2s, I ran 10 or 11 miles no issues.