shoes (Read 733 times)

So I am new to this running thing.  Just ran my first 5K last weekend.  My goal was to finish and not worry about my time. I finished with in about 36 minutes, not bad for only being my 5 time running 3.1 miles.  My question is how long/how many miles should you keep your shoes?  I just got fitted for a pair and they are great but were pricey and wondering how long I can expect them to last?  I only use them for running.  Any suggestions would be great.

an amazing likeness

No simple answer -- it really is different for each person and each model of shoe.  Some folks get a few hundred miles from their shoes, and some keep 'em going for...well, forever.

300 - 700 miles seems to be a good roud number for what is about normal.  But you'll know by feel when they start to wear out...your legs will feel it.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

I may be one of the unlucky ones that only gets about 300 miles out of mine.  Usually around that time, I start feeling some pains in the knees.  That's the sign that it's time for me to change.

I'm one of the lucky ones.  I had one pair of shoes that lasted 2735 miles before the sole wore through to the padding.  That pair felt the same as the "new" pair, so I kept on using them.  On the other hand, my feet changed from last year and it looks like I'll have to throw away a pair with only 10 miles on them. 

Let your body tell you.