Who's racing this weekend? (Read 799 times)

No race for me. I ran the Louisville Marathon last Saturday and I'll run the half at Marshall University on 11/04. Then, another weekend off before the Philadelphia Marathon. Let us hear from you about your races and goals.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Grand Rapids Half Marathon on Sunday. I'd like to beat my recent PR, but if I don't I'm cool with that. My last few weeks of training have been really crappy, so I'll take anything faster than last year's PR at this point. Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday. First time there, 11th marathon or longer run. My slowest goal is a PR, but I'd like to run 10 or 15 minutes faster than that.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

Silver Comet Half Marathon. Hoping to get fast enough to outrun monkeys in November.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hoping to get fast enough to outrun monkeys in November.
            Safety first. With all the recent reports of violent monkey attacks, this is a very prudent self-defense strategy. Let's be careful out there. Kick ass this weekend guys!

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

*sniffle* I'M NOT. Sad My body is falling apart. Tomorrow is the 5k race I was looking forward to for the past few months and now I can't run it. Well, I could run it but the pain would have an effect on my time, and the rest of my weekend. Roll eyes

Michelle

Why is it sideways?

Marine Corps Marathon on Sunday. First time there, 11th marathon or longer run. My slowest goal is a PR, but I'd like to run 10 or 15 minutes faster than that.
                Awesome R2W! Good luck!

Go Pre!

I am racing..for the fridge this weekend! I am healing this knee (HTFU Knee!) Could be dangerous if I don't get some swimming in. Those pounds want to come back on faster than they came off!
                  Crazy Train

I'm running the Lakefront Discovery Run (15K) tomorrow in Milwaukee and then I am running my first HM on November 10th at the Tyranena Beer Run in Lake Mills, WI. Good luck to everyone else whose got a race this weekend!!! Smile

Runnin' from the law.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Dave - maybe you can add a new distance to the Virtual Racers. That way you have a chance at a PR in the fridge race. I'm going camping with the scouts this weekend and they do all the cooking. I'll be racing you to the fridge on Sunday when I get back Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Grand Rapids Marathon on Sunday. Please make sure it's not raining zoom-zoom.
                          I am not partaking in a race this weekend and probably won't do another one till Thanksgiving. I had planned to do some others before then, but I have not been consistently running. Goals -Get another co-worker out to a race -Run another 10K before January -Possibly run another Half Marathon Before January -Be consistent and get to a point where I am running daily

Vim

Good luck to everyone racing! Smile

Michelle

-Possibly run another Half Marathon Before January
                              The White Rock Half awaits you, Modal. Derek, Courtney98, and I are already signed up. This summer you asked me to bug you. Now I must resort to Jedi mind tricks (again). [with a small wave of his hand] Bonkin-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for. Modal: These aren't the droids we're looking for. Bonkin-Wan: Go register for the White Rock Half. Modal: I'm registering for the White Rock Half. Oops. [with a small wave of his hand] Bonkin-Wan: There was no thread-jack. Move along. Nothing to see here. Everyone: There was no thread-jack. We're moving along. Nothing to see here.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'm doing a little local 5K and I hope to win in my age group, considering the person who did last year ran it in 38 minutes!! Very few people run this thing; my husband usually wins it with a time of 19:00 or so. I'd like to do really well but my pulled hamstring may not permit it. I haven't been running much lately.