Walking? (Read 1106 times)

I know most people here are too hard core to count a walk as exercise Wink but I'd love it if that were added as a feature...some days I run and then walk for a mile or more after my run and I'd love to be able to keep track of that as well.
    eric :)

Hi Clancy! You can log your walks and anything else using the log. Here's a thread that talked about how to do it: http://www.runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=e76260abbdf74a03890292ccc9650669
        Oh, excellent! Thank you!!
          Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't even look... Embarrassed Sorry

Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't even look... Embarrassed Sorry
            No worries. It's my job to help.
            gav100

HI, I'm new to the idea of running to keep fit and so in order to start off at a reasonable pace, I am walking and then running, walking and then running etc etc. Can I log all of this on my training log? I would like to log it as one entry but show how far I ran for in one go and then how far I walked and then back to running again. Be great if you could help me out. By the way great website, I had no idea how far I was going before and its still not far, but its a start!! Gav100 Big grin

HI, I'm new to the idea of running to keep fit and so in order to start off at a reasonable pace, I am walking and then running, walking and then running etc etc. Can I log all of this on my training log? I would like to log it as one entry but show how far I ran for in one go and then how far I walked and then back to running again. Be great if you could help me out. By the way great website, I had no idea how far I was going before and its still not far, but its a start!! Gav100 Big grin
                Gav100, One way you can do this is to fill in the intervals form. Open a new run entry, then click on the down arrow on the intervals form to expand it. The Intervals form is initially collapsed to reduce clutter. It is located right below the Run Info form. You can add as many entries into the form as you like. An interval can have one of three types: interval, recovery, and rest. You can record your time and distance while running as interval, and the walking data as either recovery or rest. After you fill out each row, be sure to click the Add button to the right of it. And when you're all finished, click on the Save button at the bottom of the form. Hope this helps! eric Smile
                  Hi there! Another newbie! Thanks for this site...I'm geeked. This site has lots of info and really looking forward to getting a better picture of what I'm doing!! Smile Just entered my first run but I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing...I think I entered my distance ok and even managed to add a run type and change the color! Woo hoo! I want to also be able to add my walking time onto the end of my running (well, jogging right now) time. I've seen other graphs with more than one type of activity in the same day and it sounds like all I have to do is click the interval to add my walking time? After I created my 1/1/07 entry, this is what I did: went back, clicked "search" and typed in the day. Clicked edit to the very right of the day after it came up. Went to interval, clicked on the arrow to open that up, chose "rest", then put the distance in (only .534 miles...don't know if that matters) but the add button won't let me do anything. It doesn't "light up" or anything. I don't get any error msgs either. Confused Thanks!

There are two different ways of recording this. If you want a really accurate log, you can create a new workout type called "walking" and log your walks with that. Use the time of day to set when you did the workouts so it can be displayed properly in the workouts list. You can record it with the intervals as you like. The rest option requires that you enter a duration of the rest period. You don't need to enter a distance. The recovery option requires a distance too. If you actually walked a distance, recovery is probably a better way to go. eric Smile
                      THANKS SO MUCH ERIC! THAT WORKED JUST GREAT! Smile JONI
                      Shannon Farrell

There are two different ways of recording this. If you want a really accurate log, you can create a new workout type called "walking" and log your walks with that. Use the time of day to set when you did the workouts so it can be displayed properly in the workouts list. eric Smile
                        Eric, I like this option, but one of the things I'd like to see would be a way to have the walks also include shoes. That way I know how many miles I've put on the shoes. Suggestions? Thanks!

Eric, I like this option, but one of the things I'd like to see would be a way to have the walks also include shoes. That way I know how many miles I've put on the shoes. Suggestions? Thanks!
                          Shannon, You can't record the shoes you used for walking, yet. I've been meaning to redo the log interface to make it easier to use. I'll include this when I do it. eric Smile
                            Shannon, You can't record the shoes you used for walking, yet. I've been meaning to redo the log interface to make it easier to use. I'll include this when I do it. eric Smile
                            Of course, you could add Walking as one of your run types and then when you record your "Run" you will be able to track your shoes. Quite a few folks around here track their walking like this (myself included).

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?