Soccer mileage (Read 267 times)

Julia1971

Julia1971

For the hockey heads.  A video of the top 10 shots from the other World Cup that you might enjoy.  Amazing.  I don't know about you, but I do not have any of those moves in my arsenal. 

xhristopher

The article completely missed the fact that baseball players also field the ball. Outfielders jog back and forth and there is a lot of hustling.

there is a lot of hustling.

Bartolo Colon had a hit for the mets last night (someone had to). Anyway, the tv announcer says "And there's a base hit for Colon...let's watch him run!" Why must they pick on poor fat Bartolo?

Footage and everything: http://deadspin.com/bartolo-colon-hits-double-scores-from-second-manages-1592794931

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        xhristopher

I remember watching a game with John Kruk some time ago. I heard the announcer say if they put a cheeseburger on first he might be able to run a little faster.  His chubbyness made for some funny base running.

MrH

For the hockey heads.  A video of the top 10 shots from the other World Cup that you might enjoy.  Amazing.  I don't know about you, but I do not have any of those moves in my arsenal. 

I saw four of these live in the stadium. 

It is amazing how important the 'tomahawk' has become at the elite levels in recent years. And beginners are taught reverse edge hitting and sweeping from the start now.

It was a spectacular event, and I'm a little sad that they currently don't plan to host a joint men's and women's World Cup in the future because of the scale of local effort to support it.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.