Race on Training Plan -- separate item (Read 556 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I realize that you can categorize an entry in the training plan as a race (under type), but I'd like to see race as a separate item to drag down into the calendar, with its own color.  This would help distinguish races from other items in the plan, which makes sense since the races are often the focal points / goals of the whole plan.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

+1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Hey, I just noticed that races show up in red (in my plan, anyway).  Cool!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

eric :)

I realize that you can categorize an entry in the training plan as a race (under type), but I'd like to see race as a separate item to drag down into the calendar, with its own color.  This would help distinguish races from other items in the plan, which makes sense since the races are often the focal points / goals of the whole plan.

Hey Jeff,

What do you mean by having races " as a separate item to drag down into the calendar"?  I could certainly put a colored border around races.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Right now, when you're doing a training plan, you can drag the following items into the plan (at least on mine):

• Run
            • Bike
            • Swim
            • Weights
            • Other

My initial though was that one of those items should be "Race" and that it should be a different color than the above, so that it would stand out when looking at the plan.   As it stands now, you can change the run type to Race, but there's nothing to visually differentiate it from any other training run in the plan.

As I think this through, perhaps your idea of having the race have a colored border may be a better one.  

The point is simply to help the races stand out on the training plan.  I think the border idea is a good one.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

Thanks for the clarification Jeff!  At first, I thought you were referring to the monthly calendar instead of the training plan editor.  I didn't make the race a separate item because of the way the plan integrates with the log.  Race can be for any activity and the log needs to know the activity, which is why it's just a subtype of run.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Race can be for any activity and the log needs to know the activity, which is why it's just a subtype of run.

Yeah, I thought about this afterward.  I haven't figured out why, but people do other types of races besides running, so having "Race" be its own training plan drag-on item doesn't make sense -- it's a subtype, as you said.  So I'm all-in on your thought to put a different-colored border or something on the block when that subtype is set to "Race."