I qualified for Boston! (Read 1141 times)

Really well done! Even before i started running I had heard all about Boston, and how just qualifying represented a "gold standard" that makes the qualifier part of a group of people who stand apart from the masses because of their achievement. Congratulations!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

jfa

Way To Go Ribbie!! I hope to do that one day. I am in awe.

There may not be a bigger milestone in one's running career than what you did. Big congrats to you.

-------------------------------------
        5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
        10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
        1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
        Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

De-slacking in progress

There may not be a bigger milestone in one's running career than what you did. Big congrats to you.
          People know i just my running this year- even all my non-running friends/ acquaintances always ask: Are you going to run the Boston Marathon? (then I explain to them that you have to qualify and be fast- I'm neither) So if non runners know about Boston- that's just tells you what a BIG DEAL it is to get there. Congrats Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Life is Good

Awesome! Job well done

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

congratulations. Someday I will be there, too.
                In hindsight, I think a lot less of the standards now. To crawl off the couch, and run for 13 months and qualify for Boston was TOO easy. It meant a great deal at first to say, hey, I qualified for Boston in my first marathon, but not so much now. I'm in the 40-44 age bracket, and 3:20 was a joke. Because at first, my goal was to run one under 4 hours. I had no clue how easy that was. As of now, I do not feel worthy of running Boston till I can run under 3:00. They should have not bowed to whatever they did. Regardless of age, speed does NOT matter. INMO, it's way TOO easy. That's my opinion and it ought to be your's! Jus' sayin.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

On On

That's my opinion and it ought to be your's! Jus' sayin.
                  You've convinced me. YOU should not run Boston until you post a sub 3:00 marathon time.