Export to Google earth (Read 733 times)

jwidner

Is there a way to export the routes to Google Earth? If not, any plans to do so? Thanks! Cool
    eric :)

There's no export to Google Earth yet. If you can drum up support to your request, I can fast track it. If not, it'll be filed in my list of features to be added. eric Smile
        Add me to this request! I would rather import than export, but if you developed one, I'm sure the other would follow! I use Motion Base to download my forerunner and would love to import my maps into Running Ahead.
        Run long, run strong
        eric :)

Add me to this request! I would rather import than export, but if you developed one, I'm sure the other would follow! I use Motion Base to download my forerunner and would love to import my maps into Running Ahead.
          I've been dropping hints that this is something I'm interested in adding for a while now. It's not an easy feature to implement (at least not the way I planned) so it'll have to wait until I knock off all the easy feature requests first.
          Pheidippides

I use Motion Base to download my forerunner and would love to import my maps into Running Ahead.
            Confused Man, I feel such a noob. What are those and are they any good? Clowning around I'd honestly prefer if it sync'd directly to runningAHEAD and into the gmap first... but I do find google earth more responsive ('cos it is cached better). updating tracks and runs into that would be nice
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As you know, Import/Export should be fairly easy to do, all you need is some sort of filter or regular expression. Google Earth, motionbased, etc, all use a fairly standard format. That said, in my experience the biggest issue is that gmaps such as those used here on RA, especially when displayed on gecko browsers, freeze the browser when they contain too many points. If importing something from motionbased, you will need to trim out approximately 30-90% of the points since they are recorded every 1-3 seconds while moving.