supplement opinions? (Read 462 times)

Sorry, I'm sure this has been mentioned a million times before.... As some of you may know, I have had some knee issues lately and have been complaining like the baby I am. Anyway, the RN at the school I teach out, suggested glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM. I've been told that the first two take a month or so to start kicking in but the MSM happens in days. If my infomation is crediable I've learned that MSM is an anti-inflammatory...which would explain the pain-FREE feeling I have had after 3 days of the supplement. I"M BEEN ABLE TO WALK DOWN STAIRS AND SLOWLY RUN AGAIN!!!!!!! So...two questions.... 1.) Am I understanding this correctly? 2.) What is your personal opinion of this supplement? (I'm 26 years old if that makes a difference) Thanks!!!
    Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
      I've been taking glucosamine and chondroitin for about a year now, since I started training for my first half marathon. I'm 42 and had a lot of probably normal, age-related twinges in my knees. I started taking it after I twisted my knee on a wet stairway at school. I started to see results within 2 weeks. The knee was better but so was the pain in my lower back and the pain I'd gotten used to in my hands. Smile I did try a bottle of glucosamine and chondroitin with MSM at one point but they made me very nauseated so I didn't buy anymore with MSM. I didn't really see much difference with or without but that might be because I'd been taking the G and C for 6 or 8 months already at that point. To me, the G and C is a wonder drug. Smile I've tried to stop taking it a couple of times, thinking that maybe it was just a waste of money. Everytime, within a week or so, the pain is back and as bad as I remembered it. I have noticed a difference in the quality of different brands. The bottle I got at GNC was like taking water. Within a week of taking their brand my hands hut so much I couldn't hardly open the bottle. The G and C is what lets me enjoy running. I'm not planning to stop taking it ... ever. Wink Teresa