Running into every neighboring country... (Read 847 times)

When I look at the distance I have ran this year, and I would have ran those kilometres as the crow flies, I could have arrived in all our neighboring countries...

From my village in the north of Belgium I would have run past Rotterdam in the Netherlands, past Düsseldorf in Germany (would reach Cologne soon), just across the border of France or the border of Luxembourg...

I really feel encouraged ;-), my next goal is running past Amsterdam, than Luxembourg-city, and then it will take some time before 'arriving' in Paris and then Berlin... 

It definitely has it's advantages to live in a tiny little country ;-)

Running in Belgium
    Ann

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Fun way to look at it! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

I used to get those "Trip-Tix" form AAA (which, probably doesn't exist in either of your countries, of course), and get one that went from say, New York to Florida.  I would mark my mileage on this, and celebrate when I "completed" the journey.

Jeff

an amazing likeness

And here I thought there were really good trains in European countries and you didn't need to run everywhere...?  Big grin

You should feel great -- that's a really creative way to look at your accomplishment.  Congratulations!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

That's great stuff!  

Your post reminded me to check in on Irish ultrarunner Tony Mangan.  I ran with him just after New Year's as he came through Lowell, MA and now he is closing in on San Diego as he runs across the US and around the globe.  Belgium is on his planned route, so maybe you can join him for a stretch.

The World Jog

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

keeponrunning

Great way to look at it!  I had to check out if I would've, and it appears I too could have easily run to the USA (I'm in Canada)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022