Swollen throat lymph nodes; bumps near cut (Read 1245 times)

Just got home to visit the family for a couple weeks. My sister had been sick for a bit before I arrived and was still a little drainy when I got here. She just had a cold or something it seemed. I'm going on my 4th day now of swollen sore glands in the throat. It's irritating but I have zero other symptoms. I think Dad just started getting swollen glands too. 

Is my body just fighting off what my sister had? And how can I make this suck less? 

Also, (probably unrelated?) Sis fell off her bike around the same time and scraped up her knee pretty bad. She developed some little blister-like bumps around the wound and woke up a couple days ago with them around her nose too. And of course, Dad scratched his hand and yesterday developed some similar bumps. What could this be? 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

A Dance with Monkeys

Q1: maybe.  How does it suck?

Q2: MRSA or impetigo

Sucks in that it is sore. And hurts to swallow. 

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

A Dance with Monkeys

That is not the same as zero other symptoms Smile

Would consider getting tested for strep.

Haha. Well, not like the sore I typically associate with "sore throat." Hurts to swallow in that the glands are swollen and tender. But not like the "orange juice burns my throat" kind of sore... does that make sense? 

Try a lot of citrus fruit! Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

A Dance with Monkeys

Would consider getting tested for strep.

See your doctor.  My DD tells me something "sore throat" related is going thru all the HS here in PA - not strep something else.  Apparently taking about a week or so to get over.  Lots of kids have it.  So probably a virus and you will have to let it run its course. 

Joe

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum

Bob Potts Marathon - 5/25/14 {3:49:40}

Chasing the Unicorn - 8/17/14 {4:07:50.06}

Wineglass Marathon 10/5/14