First run in over 6 Months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 735 times)

Hi everyone! Im sorry I have not been posting my updates, but it has been harder than I thought to come back. Anyway today was the day! I just woke up today and said you are going to get your sorry butt outside and try to run, so for the first time in 6 months I strapped on my garmin and blasted off like a turtle with 3 legs. Big grin I had no idea if I could even run 200 yards, I just wanted to try. My first mile was in 13:12, and it got even slower after that to finish at 3 miles in 43:48. But I cant even begin to tell you how great it was to run again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure I will be sore, but Im even looking forward to that! After everything that has happened the last 2 years to be running again after 6 months is just to much to ask for. I still cant get over the fact I lasted 3 miles, even at such a slow pace. But Im lucky to run at all. I wish you all could see this big dumb grin on my face Big grin
    What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
    JakeKnight

And I get the pleasure of being the first to welcome you back to the road. Made my whole day. Good to see you're still running. And still around. Thanks for sharing the dumb grin.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Love, love the enthusiasm Smile Congrats on the three miles, and welcome back!
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I get the pleasure of being the first to welcome you back to the road. Made my whole day. Good to see you're still running. And still around. Thanks for sharing the dumb grin.
          I think this is a sign that this will be a great week--what a way to start it off! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Yea!!! I have been looking for that running man in the triangle. Keep going and stay strong!
            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Awesome news Bernie! And welcome back! As Kirsten said, this looks like the beginning of a good week.

You'll ruin your knees!

But Im lucky to run at all. I wish you all could see this big dumb grin on my face Big grin
                Aren't we all and ... I wish I could see it too...pics, please! Thanks Bernie, I have thought about you often... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

madness baby

That's so exciting Bernie! 3 miles is quite a distance for a first run back. Enjoy the soreness Wink
                  deb
                    WELCOME BACK!!! WTG on getting out for a run today! I for one would LOVE To see your dumb grin!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Now that was a bath...

<bernie>>>>>>> Yippee! Welcome back to thr running world. Those three miles sure mean a lot to a lot of people. You're an inspiration as always. Claire xxx</bernie>
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        Yeah! Thanks for sharing your grin!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                        Thyroid Support Group

You guy's and gal's are Great! I just got in from a 5.2 mile run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know what is going on, Im tired and sore but not as much as I thought I would be???? It was hard to even walk Wednesday( Sore ) but after about 1 mile on Thursday the soreness felt better and I was not very sore this morning, so I kept running. My best goal in my head this week was to try and make 3-5 miles for my weekly total, and I ended up with 13.5 miles!! Im taking the weekend off and will just do some walking with my kids, this feels like a dream, so please dont pinch me, I dont want to wake up! Big grin
                          What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
                          bas

I'm not pinching you, I'm just grinning right back! Cool! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Awesome!!! Welcome back!!! I just ran two days in a row after a huge break...so, I am right there with you! Why is this thing we love so hard to do at times...but, you must be butter, cause you are on a roll!!!
                              If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden

madness baby

Somebody's log is lookin' goooooooood. Oh yeah.
                                deb