My pipes froze, and I found out when my kids were puking. (Read 211 times)

Tiefsa

You must have a stomach of steel to read this.

Good luck

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You are a hero, Tief.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, man…I vividly remember the Hell that we experienced when the Noro virus hit our house at 11:50 on NYE.  It was about a decade ago, but I still remember it clear as day and am forever thankful that we didn't go out that night.  Only 2 of us were sick and we had full use of the toilet, but it was still horrific.  I can't imagine your scenario --and hope I never do!!

Did you avoid the plague?  That stuff is crazy contagious.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Tiefsa

You are a hero, Tief.

More like a survivor.

Zoomy.  I didn't puke.  I think the BRAT diet really did help.  That and washing my hands or using hand sanitizer all day every day. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

More like a survivor.

Zoomy.  I didn't puke.  I think the BRAT diet really did help.  That and washing my hands or using hand sanitizer all day every day. 

When Noro started going through our extended family shortly after Christmas my DH essentially stopped eating…as he said, he didn't want to "give it ammunition."  He never really got sick.  I got sick the hardest…lost 8#s in 24 hours, was jaundiced, and had broken blood vessels all over my face.  I was one hot mess! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow!  You are a fighter!  Great job.  Great write up.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Couldn't you come up with just one more metaphor or spent cliché?

Just one more?

Do you have a metaphor generator?  Plug in "vomit" and get an endless list of alternatives to use?

Way to wash your hands.  Hope everyone is feeling better.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Birdwell

I am amazed your local municipality came out and unfroze them. Out here you are on your own once they're past the water meter.

They won't set foot inside your home.

BeeRunB

"All that remains is the stuffed cheetah. I contemplate burning it, or throwing it away, but The Flower Child loves the cheetah. With my bare hands, I scrub the oral diarrhea out of its fur, and whip the stuffed cat into the washing machine. I win."

Great spew and flow story, David. Like your blog. Has a great feel to it. You write well.

Jimmy

Wow, I could feel my heart rate rising as I read on. I was in survival mode right there with you. Well done Tief.

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

"All that remains is the stuffed cheetah. I contemplate burning it, or throwing it away, but

The Flower Child loves the cheetah. With my bare hands, I scrub the oral diarrhea out of

its fur, and whip the stuffed cat into the washing machine. I win."

Congrats, Tief!  Job well done.

steph  

Tiefsa

Great spew and flow story, David. Like your blog. Has a great feel to it. You write well.

Jimmy

Thanks!  I'm trying to make the writing thing a career.  I have a middle grade book that is in front of publishing companies right now!

Oh, and cookiemonster.  I googled synonyms for puke