Shoe insert (Read 875 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

This is kind of a goofy topic but I had to get some opinions. I just bought a pair of 2007 Nike Air Pegaus. However, the insole/insert has a weird bump. Once I took the insert out I like the way the shoe feels so far. Do you see any problems with running without the insole/insert thing? The shoe has gotten great reviews and I have been wanting to try them out. Should I run without the insole or buy different inserts? Anyone ever try this?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      a lot of the new nike's have that. i have the zoom elite and for the first 5 minutes it was kind of strange, but now i'm use to it and love it. having that extra metatarsal lift is nice.
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I think what I will do next week is try it once both ways on an 8 mile run. I can see which way I like it best or if I don't like either way. So far I really like the shoes and the price is pretty good. Plus I really like the look of the shoe and the reflective spots on it.
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          Buying a different insert, if that's your choice, won't hurt anything. About 10 years ago I had a nasty run-in with Plantar Fasciitis, and wound up with custom fitted orthotics. Like anything else, it took a bit of time to get used to, but eventually I didn't even know they were there.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I developed tendonitis under my right foot (and started to under my left) from insufficient arch support in my NB shoes. I tried a pair of Asics Kayanos for about a month that made my arches feel better, but they were too narrow for my feet (even in a wide) and screwed up my right knee. So I went back to my NBs, but purchased some Sof Sole Athlete insoles that were perfect. I now am using these in all of my NB shoes (I use the Arch model in my 902s, since they are a less stable, lighter-weight, more flexible shoe and I want to do all I can to keep my arches from over-flexing in those). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay