Shoe Question (Read 584 times)

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

This has probably been asked, but don't shoot me for asking again if that is the case. I rotate three pairs of shoes. I know that I really don't need to considering I don't put on many miles, but I just do. However, I've noticed that although the mileage on them isn't considerably different that one of the models just feels better than the others. I have to Asics GT-2120 and I Asics GT-2130. The 2130 is more cushioned, in general, then the 2120s. Has anyone else noticed this? I know that there are others running in these shoes because they've talked about them. Is there that much of a difference between the 2120 and 2130? Again, apologies in advance if this is a stupid question...

TRUST THE PROCESS

According to this discussion on Runners World, others have also commented that the 2130 feels more cushioned than the 2120. While I merely scanned the thread quickly, it appeared that most posters like the update, but a few folks did not.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Thanks, just wondering. The 2120s now feel like bricks to me, which isn't right considering they have really low mileage. I'd like to start upping my mileage (by way of longer weekend runs) but not sure if I'm going to want to do that in the 2120s. MTA - I also saw the discussion on Runner's World, which caused me to want to ask the RA community.

TRUST THE PROCESS