Problems with Garmin 305 (Read 822 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, had my Garmin 305 since Christmas, never had any trouble with it until now. Have tried googling the problem, can't seem to find it so here goes. When I hook up my Garmin to my USB cable, the batteries charge but when I look for the information that should have been transferred from the device to my computer, it tells me it can not read the device to try hooking it up again. Any suggestions? CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

C-R

Ok, had my Garmin 305 since Christmas, never had any trouble with it until now. Have tried googling the problem, can't seem to find it so here goes. When I hook up my Garmin to my USB cable, the batteries charge but when I look for the information that should have been transferred from the device to my computer, it tells me it can not read the device to try hooking it up again. Any suggestions? CC
      Been there and done that. reload the software on the computer and it should go away. Also, my computer worked best when I plug the unit into the USB after opening the program. I loves my technology but sometimes it doesn't love me back.......

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

itsonlyme

Mine does that also, I just unplug it and try plugging it back in a second time and usually works ok after that. Big grin
          Same here. Usually works the second time. No problem with Zone 5, just with the Garmin program.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

runlouierun

Happened to me too and I had to re-establish my userprofile. It won't load data if it doesn't recognise your user profile so if reloading the software doesn't work (didn't for me) play around with your user profile setup.

Mine has just started doing this too. Sometimes I have to reboot the computer to get it to work. It also seems to fill up with water under the display when I run in the rain; I need to see if I can get that fixed.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Mine has just started doing this too. Sometimes I have to reboot the computer to get it to work. It also seems to fill up with water under the display when I run in the rain; I need to see if I can get that fixed.
                Mine did that and then it went out for good. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the water fries yours too.
                  I've had this problem as well, so I just manually hit the transfer from device button on the tool bar on occassion I've had to hit it twice, but never more.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

runlouierun

I've just sent mine back for repair as the seal has gone exposing the inner workings...not so good. It's only a few months old too...