I Just Bought Running Tights (Read 933 times)

I'm back to running after a 20 year layoff. I'm amazed of all the changes in the past two decades. It's getting colder & I just bought my first pair of running tights. Question. What do you wear under them? I'm a guy. My running shorts have a sling for the fellas. Do you go commando? Is there some kind of space-age sweat wicking jock that's out there?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a gal and I still wear my undies. But my hubby goes commando in his biking shorts (they have that padded chamois thingy). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I use Nike compression shorts under tights. The combo will raise the tone of your voice a couple of octaves, but they won't bounce around! Smile
          and...umm...when you post your picture...umm...no tights please!! Shocked
            Thanks for the info. Don't worry, no pictures of men in tights. Although I have threatened my daughter that I'll be wearing my running tights to her next parent/teacher conference.
            JakeKnight

Now *THIS* is funny. And sums up my thoughts perfectly: (Stolen from Pete's blog ... hope you don't mind, man!)
              Running tights... The pros. I need to stay warm on a run. There's fabulous space-age clothing being made out of amazing fabric. I'm learning to embrace the new running technology of the past twenty years. The cons. I don't wear tights. Errol Flynn wore tights. Baryshnikov wore tights..
              Yup. It's gonna have to be pretty cold before I wear tights. It might help if they'd give them a better name. Tongue

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Cue the music please... We're men. We're men in tights (tight tights!)... From "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" (a Mel Brooks film, of course)

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mel Brooks is a comic GOD! "Blazing Saddles" is hands-down the funniest movie EVER! RIP, Lili VonSchtupp. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm a gal, and I go commando under my tights. Hope you're able to find some tights that do the trick for ya. I love my new UA ones. Lisa
                    Scout7

I go commando regardless. The only time I wear anything underneath is for long runs in the heat. UnderArmour makes boxer briefs that work well for that sort of thing.
                      Chicago 26.2 07

Under Armour sells briefs that go under tights.