Air Force Half Race Report (Read 410 times)

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

xor

Congrats.

I have come across some majorly ticked off people wrt the misdirection.  Glad to read/hear a positive spin.

Here is my favorite "whaaaaa?"comment from the runners world message board:

>> "As an active duty Air Force member, it hurts that many people will judge the Air Force as a whole because of this gaffe."

Man.  I'm pretty sure that "many people" can differentiate between an ooops in a race and a group of fine people who help defend our country.

Man.  I'm pretty sure that "many people" can differentiate between an ooops in a race and a group of fine people who help defend our country.

Well, if the Army had been organizing it this wouldn't have happened.  Wink KIDDING, of course.

I can understand why people might be a little upset. That said, there are no perfect people so stuff happens. I was so happy to be running and feeling good that I just didn't mind. 

I passed a small unit running in their gear. As they went by, all the runners cheered and clapped.  I think there are plenty of folks out there who get it.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats!  Enjoyed your report.

I enjoyed your race report....nice touch giving the medal away, I know mine all end up on a hook in my work shed never to be seen again too...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Turbolegs

Nice running!!

Coincidentally, i finished with that exact same time in a HM i ran last weekend!

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.