Totally scientific poll for Garmin owners...totally! (Read 913 times)

no (knock on wood)

Golden Buff

Do bad allergies count? Confused
      Curt
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do bad allergies count? Confused
        Ha, in my case it wouldn't matter...I have them year-round. But if yours just kicked-in...hmmm...coincidence? Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Member Since 2008

I was sick after I bid for mine on Ebay and won. Only cause I had to explain to my wife where all that money went (of coarse it was all worth it).

Go Pre!

no, I was fine. Ironically though, I used it in a 5k race this weekend, ignore it completely and missed a PR by 5 senconds???? WTF???

Me and my gang in Breck

Nope

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

no. I lost my 301 and the next day was my rest day...I went to REI got my Garmin 305 (on sale with a 50 rebate Big grin ) came home, plugged it in and ran 10 miles the next morning. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Cool hope you feel better!

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hope you feel better!
                  Thanks--I'm mostly better. Still have a bit of a cough, but Dane is going on about 2 months with a cough and my brother (also ended up on antibiotics) is also not recovering fast, so whatever got us got us good. I'll be glad if I can make it the rest of the Winter in good health. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

flatland mountaineer

Nope but I felt compelled to blog about it. Wanta' read the garmmie blog? its short

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Npoe but I felt compelled to blog about it. Wanta read the garmmie blog? its short
                      Sure! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

flatland mountaineer

When good technology goes bad My wife got me this Garmin runner gps for my birthday. Mind you a calendar might be more appropriate to time my runs but I like techie stuff and if it keeps me motivated what the hey. It is quite customizable and you can set up what you want on three screens. I played around with all the settings and so forth and now the time had come to actually take it on a run. The first run went ok and the screen was actually big enough to read, hey this is cool. Then it happened, the legendary "Bad Run". All runners have them and they are a fact of running so ok, then I glance down at my garmin and its flashing full screen "You Suck"! Immediately went through all the screens trying to figure out what I did in the setup to get this but then it was gone as if it had never been there. Life went on for awhile with normal runs and no more "flashing incidents" but the garmin did indicate a 1500 foot elevation loss on an out and back insinuating the run was all "downhill". Then it happened again this time on a particularly good run, the kind where you feel you could go on forever, The flashing began again this time with "Attaboy" now thats more like it, oh there's more? "Attaboy........ Fatboy" After a few more such incidents it became clear we needed a patch, an upgrade, a version 2.xx without the 'tude. I made the mistake of verbalizing this strange tech phenom to the wife at which time the garmin began addressing me as "Hal" Whats that I hear? Is this thing actually singing Daisy, Daisy.....

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, that's great! Attaboy! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

I just got a Garmin for Christmas from my boyfriend (a week late, since we were in Denmark and Germany during the holiday). I wasn't sick, but it's been so freaking cold here that I wasn't able to get out and use it at all until today (with a temp of 1 F). It's so cold, but I was determined to use it, so I just did a quick 15-minute run. Fun fun fun!!! It also marks my return to running after taking six weeks off for a calf injury. It felt soooo good to run. Big grin Lauren