Foam Roller vs Stick (Read 237 times)

Mmmmm...beer

R8 roller, you can dig in deep in ways you can't with a foam roller, or you can keep it light if you're really sore.

www.rollrecovery.com

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Oohhh that looks nice!

Hobie1

You're welcome.

Need some help?

SCHWING!

JaneH

I started run after a long time and my muscles really hurts after running and I am able to run again after  2 - 3 days. I heared a lot of a great things about a massage  with massage roller stick after running. On the other side I did not hear good things about foam roller. On Amazon i have found this one: http://www.amazon.com/Janyka-Sport-Athletes-Portable-Efficient/dp/B017G9G704/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1455628972&sr=8-53&keywords=muscle+roller+stick+for+athletes

Reviews looks really good and there is 50 % discount so I am thinking about it. Maybe I will test it. What do you think about massage by muscle roller stick for better regeneration after running?

ud32

When I use the stick I use it before a run. I save foam rolling for afterwards or later at night or an off day.

What in the Sam Hill izzat damn stick and foam roller thingy all about? I don't never have any problems with muscle tension after running, climbing or hiking. The only muscle stiffness I encounter doesn't need a stick or roller for relief.

keeponrunning

R8 roller, you can dig in deep in ways you can't with a foam roller, or you can keep it light if you're really sore.

www.rollrecovery.com

That looks really useful for the IT band.  It also looks even more painful that my hard foam roller with grooves in it that I'm using now.  After yesterday's long run, I was using some choice language trying to get a knot out of my IT band.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022